Chapter 40: Feelings

Chapter 40

After the Battle of New York, Athena had talked with Tony in making a foundation to help civilians and protect them while the Avengers were defending man kind. She also convinced him in helping cleaning up New York and restoring the city with as much as they could.

Athena would personally be about the city trying to dig people out of the wreckage. She proved Tony in many ways that he would have never imagined, she was everything he truly wanted in a daughter, and though in his mind he wasn't the best father at times, she loved him regardless.

Now that the Avengers were known to the world, people began with their questions. SHIELD was having many field days with questions about the team, Athena in particular. Tony also had his days with Pepper, many wanted to inquire what were truly Athena's origins, because the world knew already she wasn't Tony's biological daughter, but had grown accustomed to thinking that she was. New York, however, changed everything. Athena was more than just a human, and the public didn't know what to call her exactly.

"What exactly are we dealing with here, is she an alien or what's going on!"

"Does it matter, she saved a lot of people!"

"Yes, but when the daughter of a billionaire, who seemed nothing more than a genius herself—because remember she followed Tony Stark's footsteps and graduated from MIT at a very early age, she helped design Iron Man, and was nothing more, and now suddenly she's this badass— if I must say so myself— who helped defeat an alien army. She was just as strong as Thor or even more, and he's the God of Thunder for goodness sake!"

" I say that Stark must've injected her with something or experiment on his own daughter with god knows what!"

"What if she is a mutant like the X-Men?"

"No, I think we are dealing with something more different here, according to our sources she is some sort of agent, but get this. She doesn't go by Agent Stark, but Starkenios. Which has roots in Greek history, ios, can be hellenios—"

"She's Greek then?"

"There's a possibility, her name is from the Goddess of Wisdom— or maybe she's the goddess herself."

Laughter erupted from the television.

"Athena Stark is the actual Greek goddess, please!"

The TV suddenly turned off, and Athena sat on her bed, trying to take everything she heard in.

"I was watching that you know..."

Tony sighed by her door frame, "you knows what's surprising you watching that nonsense!"

"I was curious."

"Curious? I know you, you wouldn't be listening to any of this if it wasn't for a reason," Tony walked across her room, and sat next to her, "what's on your mind."

"You know that I know that I don't need validation from anyone about who I am... it's just that...."

"What?"

"I don't want to make a statement like you did, with the whole 'I am Iron Man' if I do, they will be curious as to where are my family, my real biological family, the Gods are and they want to stay hidden."

"That's it?"

"Dad, seriously," Athena gave him a look.

"Look at Thor, the people know he's the God of Thunder, and yet Odin is in Asgard and nobody wanted press from him."

"But Thor left, he will come and go whenever he can, I can't do that. I like my life here!"

"Then enjoy it Nina, don't give anyone anything or if you want to say that you're a goddess, then do it, that shouldn't change the way you live your life."