Chapter Twelve - The Ledge

Song of the chapter - Down to the second by Zach Berkman

Blair

"You'll be keeping watch today, keep your gun on you and shoot anything that comes in sight." Aaron explained to me and Ron. It was just me and Ron up in the watch tower today as everyone else was down in the streets keeping everything else together and making sure everyone was okay after that incident yesterday. To be fully honest, I don't know why Ron is up here if his dad just got killed yesterday by Rick. But then again, his dad was a criminal and a rapist. He deserved what he got from Rick.

"Yeah we got it." I said and Aaron nodded and shifted his gaze towards Ron for a minute. "Good. Give a holler if anything suspicious goes on." Aaron said and I nodded as he made his way down the ladder, to the bottom again. The silence between me and Ron was deadly but Ron didn't look upset from his dad getting killed. He looked angry more than upset. 

Ron gripped onto his gun so much that his knuckles were turning white. I was scared of Ron now. I didn't know if he was exactly like his dad or not. I mean, I'm definitely not. No matter what, I will never turn into my father. I wanted to speak up and ask if he was okay but I couldn't bring myself to. Until I swallowed my nervousness and began to speak.

"Ron-" "-Why didn't you pick me Blair?" He interrupted me and it caught me off guard. I looked over to him as he kept his gaze locked on me. I didn't know what he meant by not picking him? "What do you mean?" I asked him and he banged on the wood of the banister. I jumped at the noise and he turned around to face me. 

"You stupid bitch, you know what I mean! You picked Carl over me." He smiled at me and I didn't know what to say to him. I knew he was angry about his dad being killed but this isn't the Ron Anderson I know. I never picked Carl over Ron. It was always Carl in the beginning. I never wanted to pick anyone. It was my gut and heart that made the decision. 

"What the hell is wrong with you! This is not the Ron I know!" I yelled at him and he walked up to me. I stepped back and bumped into the wall behind me in the watch tower. He walked closer to me as he still gripped his gun. "You know fuck all about me! You don't know that I loved you first and Carl stole you off of me." Ron growled at me and I frowned at him for a minute. 

I was confused as where all of this was coming from. I stared at the boy I used to play video games with, the boy who smiled at me, every second of the day. "Come on sweetheart. You know you want me..." He whispered in my ear and I turned my face to the other side. Please don't do this, not now. His breath disgusted me and I didn't know what to do. I don't know if I should scream, cry or even move.

"Ron-" "-Ron what? Huh? Ron stop? Nope, not until you beg." He growled into my ear and I scrunched my eyes in disgust. His hand gripped my jeans and I felt it dig into my pants. "RON!" I screamed and he immediately covered my mouth with his disgusting large hands. "Shut the fuck up!" He yelled into me and I felt a sob come out my mouth. "Carl will not save you now. He's busy doing busy things. He doesn't deserve to be with you." He growled into my ear and his hand was now laying upon my area. 

I hated it so much I could cry until I lost breath. His lips trailed to my neck and he sucked lightly. Muffled cries were let out of my mouth but Ron didn't care. All he cared about was his needs and that disgusted me. Tears finally poured out of my eyes and he still didn't care. He still kept doing what he wanted. Suddenly, there was this massive rattle, stopping Ron from going even further. 

He stopped and looked over the side of the banister. "Shit." He whispered and I wiped my tears off of my eyes. I ran over to him and tried to push him off of the edge but he turned around and tackled me to the floor. I heard a massive clash and saw a few of the walls go down. Oh shit. The walkers. That amount of time Ron was losing, got all the walkers against the walls. 

Ron climbed on top of me and punched me right across my face. "GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed and he quickly took out his knife and stabbed me right in the thigh. "ARHHH!" I screamed as tears poured out of my eyes. "You will stay here and rot. Wait till the walkers get you." Ron growled as he pulled his knife out of my thigh. The pain was so unbearable I couldn't walk on my leg. 

I laid there as Ron climbed off of me and climbed down the ladder, shooting some walkers. "HELP!" I screamed but no one saw me, no one listened. As I looked to the side I saw everyone shooting the walkers but there were so many, we didn't have the bullets or the weapons to get them all down. I noticed Carl as I clung onto the wood banister. He panicked and helped Ron. "CARLL!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as tears poured out of my cheeks. He didn't hear over the gunshots. 

I sat up and wrapped my riffle over my body. I looked over to the other platform on the other side of the community. Maggie was hanging on a ledge with walkers below her. "MAGGIE!" I screamed and I couldn't help her. It killed me knowing that she could die right now but I am not letting another person die in front of me. I hopped up on my left leg and looked below me. I saw a few walkers walking into Alexandria. 

I could handle them. I just need for no other walkers to see me. I left out a shaky breath and grabbed the ladder as I made my way down, trying not to let any pressure on my right leg. My hands were covered in maroon blood and I knew I was losing a lot of blood but there was nothing I could do about it. I slowly made my way down but missed the one step. My hands gave way and I fell right onto my right side of my body, on the concrete. 

"AHH!" I yelled in pain and I saw about three walkers, make their way towards me. I grabbed my gun as I crawled backwards. I shot their heads and limped up on my left foot again. I tried to run towards Maggie but I saw that she noticed me, making my way towards the herd. "BLAIR NOO!" She cried and I felt my tears non stop, pour out of my eyes. I'm going to make my way towards Maggie no matter what. 

The walkers underneath Maggie noticed me and I let my gun hang off of me as I tried to climb up the standing wall. I was underneath Maggie on the other side where the walkers weren't but making their way towards. I hung on the wall, trying to climb up but the walkers were hanging on my  feet. I tried to kick them away but my fingers were sweating and my thigh was throbbing. 

Maggie hung over the side of the ledge and held out her hand. I grabbed onto her hand as I pushed myself up with my left leg. "Maggie don't let go!" I yelled and she shook her head as she tried to pull me up. Finally with one big pull, Maggie got me on the ledge and pulled me into her torso. "Oh thank god." She sighed into me and pulled away. "What the hell happened?" I asked her and she shook her head. 

"The walkers piled up on the walls and they tumbled down." She explained and I let my leg stretch. "What happened?" She asked me and I scrunched my eyes at the moment of Ron. "Me and Ron were up on the tower. He tried to... He tried to force himself on me and he stabbed me." I breathed in and she gaped her mouth open. "Oh, Blair." "Don't I'm okay. I just need Carl." I said and she nodded. 

"Blair, you're gonna be okay." She said and stared at me. I smiled sadly at her words and looked down. "I know. Where did they all go?" I asked her and she pointed towards Deanna's house in the distance. "They are all there, including Ron." I gritted my teeth and felt my anger boil up inside. I was not going to let Ron get away with any of this and I'm sure as hell Carl won't let him either...