Chapter 4

Lunch
Y/N's POV

You cautiously walk into the cafeteria with Namjoon.
He keeps his hands in his pockets, head up high while you're practically staring at your feet the whole time. If not the floor, you're looking to Namjoon for a sense of protection, though you still don't fully trust him.

Who knows what the next article could be about?

"Do you want to eat outside instead?" Namjoon suggests. "Sure." You respond. You leave the loud and crowded area together to go outdoors, surrounded by the sound of nature and birds chirping.

"Is this where you normally come at lunch?"
"Yeah, it's peaceful and quiet." Namjoon replies.
"I'm guessing that's why I don't usually see you in the caf." you say.
"Oh, you look for me?" Namjoon teases, raising his eyebrows. He laughs.

"I come here to avoid being seen. Too much unnecessary drama goes on within the school." Namjoon says.  "Amen." you reply, you both chuckle.

You sit down against the school wall, side by side.
You turn and look to Namjoon who owes you an explanation. "To start things off, I'm not actually a pervert." He says, smiling.
"I would hope not, but that song you wrote was something else. Can't deny it." You say, Namjoon sighs.
"Who's your girlfriend?" You ask in a quiet and secretive tone. Namjoon tilts his head back so he's looking up at the sky, resting his head against the brick wall.

"I don't have one."

"Then why would you write that song?"

"I was alone. Alone to the point of desperation." Namjoon pauses. "I didn't have anyone. No one to talk to, have feelings for, care for, listen to..."
He turns his head and looks at you.
"No one to love, no one to hold. I wrote myself a love fantasy, about the girl I wanted to have, but didn't." he says.

"Don't worry, I don't think like that anymore. I've matured and gotten used to having to be independent, I guess."
"I'm so sorry, Namjoon. I can't believe I was persuaded to believe those shitty rumours." You say, putting a soft hand on his shoulder.
"It's fine, you wouldn't understand." He sighs.

You take your hand off his shoulder, cocking an eyebrow.

"Wouldn't understand? Do you know where I've been?" You start, Namjoon looks at you with confused eyes. "To hell and back, that's where! I was known as 'the crazy lesbian' all because of a misunderstanding at my old school!" You say.

"Calm down, y/n. I had no idea. Now just explain calmly." He says in a sweet tone. You heave a deep breath and exhale. "It all started because of a sleepover. A sleepover between two best friends.. If only I hadn't gone." You say, Namjoon nods for you to conintue, intrigued.

"It was the sleepover of a girl who I thought was my best friend. Her name was Liz. We were having a girl's night. Gossiping, snacks, watching Netflix, yadda yadda. A good time, right?" You cross your arms. "When I wasn't looking, she put some extremely heavy alcohol in my drink. Thought it would be funny."

"What the hell?"  Namjoon mutters under his breath.

"I'd never had any alcohol before, obviously got drunk and she took advantage of that. She took all my clothes off until I was stripped to my bra and underwear. She started making out with me and then video recorded me trying to fight her off. She posted it online, spreading the rumour that I tried r*ping her and that I was acting crazy because she wouldn't let me. She didn't mention anything about her getting me drunk or nearly stripping me naked. She mentioned nothing but lies." you say.

You sigh and take another breath.

"When I got back to school, I was known as The Crazy Lesbian. I tried explaining to my parents, they refused to understand. They weren't sure if they could believe me because they always knew Liz as one of my kindest friends.. there was also a twisted video for proof against me." You say, speaking through tears.

"I was constantly made fun of, people purposely shoved me and threw my things on the floor. Some girls were scared I'd harass them, even though I'm straight. No one believed me when I told them, clearly. I tried getting help from teachers, but they didn't believe me either. The video Liz had of me fighting back fitted her fake story perfectly. I had no one. No one helped. It was difficult living, walking through the hallways in dread everyday. I felt lost and confused, seeking an answer and never finding one." You say. Namjoon looks like he's about to cry, as well, tears welling up in his eyes.

"That's why I started taking out my anger on myself. I'm reminded of my past everyday by these scars, I regret them, I really do. But the position I was in, it felt as though there was nothing else I could go to."

"I'm so sorry, y/n." Namjoon says and you burst into tears, heavier than before. You turn to the wall and cover your face in embarrassment as you sob. "No, no, no, it's okay." Namjoon says, he gently takes your shoulders and pulls you into his lap. He strokes your hair as he tries to comfort you. "How did you overcome your pain?" Namjoon asks.

"Well, my parents found a note that I had written in advance if I had ended my life. In that moment they took me out of my old school. I needed a fresh start."  You say.

"Well, I'm really glad they let you change schools. I'm here for you, y/n. Got that? I always will be. Whenever you need me, day or night. I'll hold you in my arms, I'll show you support. I'll do my best to help, I promise. We haven't known each other long but I feel connected to you in a way.. I can tell you're a good person, y/n. Forget those rumours, you're better than them." Namjoon says and you hug him back, seeking comfort in his embrace.

"Thanks, pervert." You tease, still laying in his lap. Namjoon begins to chuckle and you sit up in his lap.
"Wooow." he says, pretending to be offended.
"I'm kidding, I really appreciate it, Namjoon. Anytime, I'll be there for you." you say. Leaning forward in the moment, you rest your forehead against his. "I promise." you say.
He looks into your eyes and puts a hand on your cheek, wiping the last tear off of your face with his thumb.
"I promise too.... crazy lesbian."
You both burst into laughter.