y o u

*bold lyrics courtesy of Jome's Snow*

|

. 48 hours ago .

"I held my breath on the river, we were supposed to be good."

Jungkook was happy.
More than happy, he was euphoric.

He walks out content after he places an order of large lavender arrangements and smiles to himself as he runs a hand through his now black hair. He wasn't into drastic changes but he thought the darker shade was a nice change. A marker of a new chapter in his life.

11 am and he was going to tell her soon. 11 am and he had Rin on his mind.
Like he's had all day, he almost wants to run to her right now.

[Maybe he should've.]

He sends her 2 messages, since she's at work. That'd suffice for now, he thought.

[Looking back now maybe he should've called her. One last time.]

iMessages

You
Can't wait for u to get home

You
Meet me in the terrace when u do. I have a surprise ;)

Ri❤️
Don't fucking use the wink face on me like that
*read 11:10 am*

ㄴㅇㄱ

"My suitcase was heavier than I thought it'd be, I looked back and caught you crying,"

The lavender arrangement lay scattered on the floor. The petals broken from the sepals, caused by the impact of hitting the hard tiled floor.

Jungkook was bound when his vision re-cleared. He wasn't sure if they had knocked him out again.

"— Detest you as much as she does me?" The man in his early 60s spoke. He only heard half the sentence. Dressed in a tux, crisp from head to toe, with aging white hair sweeped back, Jungkook hated him more every passing second.

Another male figure. Taller, much younger, yet still older than Jungkook sneered by the older man's side. His fathers side.

They keep proposing Jungkook with options. But he is unfazed, he does not say a word.

"This will get too boring if you just sit there like a fucking stone." A rough finger hooks under Jungkook's chin. He's so close, so close, that Jungkook could pick up each of the age defining wrinkles in the man's face. "—speak up."

He doesn't. At first.

He spits square on the man's polished shoes and watches as his face twists in disgust. "Why did you come back??"