three

Victoria played Plants vs. Zombies on her phone as she sat on the edge of the roof.

She was doing her best to ignore the friendly banter that was currently being exchanged between Pietro and Katja, at the café below her. She glanced at Sam, the soldier giving her a small smile at her obvious distaste for the other girl. She sighed, slipping her phone into her zipped pocket and observed her surroundings again. Her eye caught Pietro's, but she quickly looked to where Wanda sipped on her coffee

"Sammy, how come I had to be stuck here with you and wasn't allowed to get coffee?"

"Because I'm ten times better than coffee?"

"That's debatable," Victoria grumbled, earning a laugh from Sam. She focused again on the scene in front of her, before standing up when Cap spoke.

"Alright, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops," Wanda spoke under her breath on the comms, answering Steve. "Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means—"

"—Cameras."

Victoria looked to where the police stood, all confidently holding their AK-47s as they chatted. She hated when they did that, as if they were happy to be carrying such a weapon out in public.

"Both cross streets through to one way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Oh, the red one?" Pietro smirked, a feature Victoria giggled at. He caught her eye, causing her to go back to being stoic again. "It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha cut him short. "Which means private security, which means more guns. Which means more headaches for somebody, probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"And that I can manipulate time?"

Victoria frowned, staring at the new girl with a newfound interest in her. She didn't know what Katja could do, and manipulating time was a little far-fetched in her experience with powers. That was something that wizards and gods could do, not ordinary people who had a bad experience with a couple of needles.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam crouched next to Victoria, smirking at Natasha who shook her head discretely.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks," Steve halted their banter with an authoritative tone. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

"No, he kinda hates you boys and Natasha. The rest of us are just little sheep on this mission," Victoria lowered her voice further. "Some of us more so than others."

Pietro sent an exasperated look to Victoria, who shrugged and sent a sarcastic smile back. Her blood boiled when Katja put a hand on Pietro's forearm, calming him down almost instantly. Huffing, Victoria crossed her arms.