The Royal Rebel

"I expect you to behave well, for you are to marry a Prince soon! What is that fancy hairstyle? Remove it immediately and act like a Princess." The Sultan of Agrabah summons the maid and before Jasmine can protest, she is whisked back to her room. The intricate fishbraid that her friend Belle had spent an hour on, comes undone in a matter of minutes and her hair is pulled into her normal traditional braid.

Jasmine stares at the slender tanned doe eyed woman in the mirror and sighs. Being the soul heir to the throne, she was always ordered around. Ever since her mother died the Sultan was hard on her, trying to mould her into a prim and proper princess. She felt suffocated.

"I can't breathe."

She feels a tap on her shoulder just at the gate and smiles at her perky friend Belle. "Aw, you shifted back to your usual hairstyle," she comments with a pout. Jasmine felt like telling her that she had loved the hairstyle but she wasn't allowed to wear such 'modern' looks as her father described it.

"Did you finish the assignment that Miss Cruella asked us to do?" Belle asks as her hazel eyes twinkle and her cheeks flush in happiness. How could she look so chirpy all the time? That was one of the few reasons why Jasmine liked Belle- she was always happy.

The only place that Jasmine felt at ease was at DAFR- Disney's Academy For Royals. It was the small window of freedom she was allowed to have.

Now the Academy was exclusively for Royals, so many Princes and Princesses enrolled in this school. There was a small portion of people who entered through scholarship, or those who were to marry a royal, like Belle who was engaged to a Prince who she claimed was a 'beast' when she first met him. Jasmine didn't ask her for further details as she blushed, feeling it would be inappropriate to probe further.

Suddenly someone bumps into her, "So sorry!" he stutters and bends down to pick up his scattered papers before adjusting his crooked glasses.

"Prince Eric is really a klutz sometimes," Belle starts but her voice is drowned by the roaring of bikes, which meant only one thing- Snow White had arrived.

The whole school's eyes are on the Princess rebel who swings off her Harley Davidson with ease and ruffles her ear length jet black hair with purple streaks in them. Snow White used to be a meek and sweet girl until her father remarried, making her run away from home and live with her seven uncles. In her rebellion, she got a piercing on her ruby red lower lip and a few tattoos of animals on her forearm which she proudly displayed while wearing her sleeveless leather jacket.

Jasmine sucked in her breath as she saw who was standing behind Snow-white. Her normally steady heart suddenly pounded at her chest and she felt it would fall out.

His coal eyes were partially hidden by his jet black hair, and his beanie made him seem even hotter than usual. He walked with slow steps and his lips turned downward, looking aloof and brooding. His eyes suddenly locked with hers and Jasmine lowered her eyes immediately feeling a blush creep on her face.

"Did he notice?"

"You certainly have the hots for Aladdin." Belle nudges her after observing her friend staring at him for a long time.

The Arabian Princess shakes her head in denial. "No, I don't," she lies, but her eyes give her away, as they follow him as he walks.

"Don't lie to me, ever since that day you never stop looking at him."

"No- I can't fall for him," Jasmine says. "A Princess cannot marry a common man." But deep down, she knew that she had already fallen for him.

It was about two months back, during physical training. Even the Royalty needed their fair share of exercise, so every week they were forced to run 2 kilometres in the evergreen forest which many people claimed to have seen ghosts.