Chapter 12

"MOM!" I yelled before I was blinded by a bright white light and the loud sound of a crash.

I shot up in bed shaking once again and silently pulled my knees to my chest trying to keep my tears from spilling over.

"What's wrong?" Sage mumbled as he sat up to see my face.

"My mom," I forced out. "I saw the crash she died in."

Valentino didn't say anything, he just moved me so I was facing him.

I silently buried my face into his chest so he couldn't see me crying while he ran his fingers through my hair which surprisingly helped me calm down.

"Feel better?" Sage asked.

"Thanks Tino," I nodded lifting my head from his chest but keeping my arms wrapped around him.

He kissed the top of my head and pulled the blankets over us before I once again fell asleep.

It was peaceful knowing someone was there to keep me anchored to reality.

When I woke the first thing I noticed was Tino's arms wrapped around me which brought a smile to my face.

I looked up to see him already staring at me.

"Sleep well?" He asked with a sleepy grin.

I simply nodded and got up out of bed grabbing some clothes and rushing to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Since it was colder in New York I wore ripped skinny jeans and a black tank top with a jacket thrown over it.

"I was thinking we could go visit Juliard today," I said when I got out of the bathroom.

"Whatever you want princess," Sage said before going into the bathroom so he could get changed as well.

While he was in the bathroom I decided to braid my hair into two French braids and put on some maskera. When he finally finished in the bathroom I was sitting on the bed typing on my phone.

"Where do you want to go to breakfast?" Sage asked grabbing his phone and wallet.

"Umm Ihop?" I suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Sage shrugged grabbing his keys.

We ended up walking to ihop because it was actually pretty close to the hotel.

"I love this place so much!" I grinned when our food finally came.

"What about me?" Sage asked in mock hurt.

"Ihop is always first," I joked.

"That's fine I'll just get the waitress' number," he smirked.

"Whatever," I scoffed trying to ignore the pang in my chest when he said that.

I quickly finished my food while he talked about everything under the sun.

Eventually the waitress came back to take our plates and of course Sage was true to his word and asked for her number.

"So what's your name?" Sage asked leaning back in his chair.

"Taylor," she grinned.

"Well Taylor, I'm Sage and I was wondering if I could have your number."

She happily wrote her number on a napkin and handed it to Sage. She spared me a quick glare before walking off to the kitchens.

"I can't believe you actually did that" I scoffed as she walked away.

"What can I say? Everyone wants a piece of this," he smirked running his hands down his torso.

"Whatever."

"Off to Juliard then?" Sage asked throwing some money into the table.

"Sure," I said grabbing my jacket before walking out behind him.

We decided to take the subway over to the campus, I couldn't help but marvel at all the sheer amount of people bussing through the streets of New York especially once we got to campus.

"Wow," was all I could say as we walked up to the main building.

Suddenly I felt a finger under my chin, pushing my mouth shut.

"Wouldn't want you to catch a fly," Valentino smirked casually draping his arm across my shoulders.

I just rolled my eyes and pushed the doors open so we could walk into the building.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter! I know it's been a while but school is insane and I'm working on a new book that I will publish once I have a certain amount of chapters written. Thank you all so much for your support!!!