Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

1 month later.

I sigh and shut the locker with a loud bang annoyed by the fact that I had to go school today.

Syed had been taking me out every other night to some or the other place for the past month, if I don't have fights to attend. 

And I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Yesterday, he took me to this lagoon on the outskirts of California, where we live. The water was so clear and fresh which made my body itch to go to take a swim, which I did. Syed just stayed there and watched me, like the creep he is. He didn't join me in, since he didn't want to take make himself wet, to which I rolled my eyes and told him he was a sadist. We ended up staying there so late and by the time I came back to my room, it was 4 am and I also had to study for a big ass Chemistry test the next day. Well, technically was that day or also known as today.

Which must have explained my baggy eyes that even my concealer couldn't hide.

I mean, I've got to know him more and he's become less creepy, but I haven't got enough sleep for the past few weeks and it's pissing me off.

He comes to my room every other night at sharp 8:30 and takes me out somewhere amusing. Sometimes it's a cliff or a lake or some club or even takes me on an adventure by doing something crazy illegal stuff like climbing a tall building or vandalizing private property, heck he even made me toilet paper a cop's house.

Even if I tell him to go away, making up silly excuses like I've homework or I'm sleepy, he'll find a way. Like if I'm sleepy, he'll go to the nearest drug store and buy something that does not make me sleepy, but that doesn't prevent me from being send to detention for sleeping in class.

If neither of the ways work, he'll just throw me over his shoulder with my fists pounding on his back to let me go. No matter what fuss I make, he ignores it and continues his routine.

So, I gave in and went out with him every night doing some awesome stuff. Hey, don't get me wrong. I mean, I tried getting away from him, but fail miserably. And besides, he just wants me to be his friend. Sure, it's suspicious. But, I just stopped thinking about it as it almost made my brain to explode from thinking too much. I just convinced myself that he doesn't have many friends and is a loner, and being the nice person, I am, will be his friend and save the poor soul.

Well, At least, That was my theory.

The only thing that disturbs me the most about this whole thing is that, I don't get to see his face. He always wears this mask which only reveals his lower part of his face. It's kind of scary that I am a friend to a man without a face, if that even makes sense. It just gets me going all paranoid.

I bump into a hard surface as my books scatter all over the floor.

"Watch where you're going, Bitch" A voice called out.

Geez, looks like I wasn't the only one having a bad morning.

"Sorry." I apologized as it was really me who wasn't looking where I was going since I was too pre-occupied with my unnecessary thoughts.

I picked up all my books and stood up to meet electrifying blue orbs which soften after it laid its eyes on me.

I frowned realizing it was only Zayn.

"I am so sorry, Blaire. I didn't know it was you" He face held a pleading expression.

My frown deepen. "You shouldn't have said that even if it wasn't me"

He nodded and sighed as he ran fingers along his silky strands. "Yeah. Look, I'm sorry okay? I just didn't sleep well last night and its kind of just pissing me off. I'm not really in the best mood, you see." He sighed as he looked at me with his lips pursed in a disapproving thin line.

That's when I noticed his face to be a little paler than usual and the bags that shadowed his ocean gaze.

The sound of the bell echoed in the halls.

I looked at him. "I gotta go" and with that, I pushed past him and walked towards homeroom.

I groaned inwardly when I realized Zayn's going accompany me there too.

I sat down on the chair with a plop as I cast my eyes at Mr. Sullivan whose gaze was narrowed towards the students probably trying to figure out what going on their mind for god knows what.

Not creepy at all.

I averted my gaze to the door to see an exhausted Zayn walk in who's eyes desperately searched for a seat to sit. And to my shocker, the only seat left was, next to mine. Oo, bummer.

He headed towards the seat and sat on it and immediately positioned himself into being comfortable for what I guess is to have some sleep. Which he started doing right away.

I guess I wasn't the only me who was dying to sleep. So, I close my eyes and try to get some sleep too.

Hmm... I wonder what didn't let Zayn get his sleep either...

Just as I was close to stepping into my dreamland an annoying voice interrupted my mind.

"Mr. Walker and Ms. Behdad! Homeroom isn't a period to sleep. Get up you two!" Mr. Sullivan yelled to which I bolted my eyes open and looked at Mr. Sullivan with wide eyes.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Zayn yelled from my side as he rubbed his eyes hastily.

I rolled my eyes at his word. Yeah, Totally.

"Detention for a week for both of you!" Mr. Sullivan roared as he marched back to his place and started teaching.

I groaned and crossed my arms over my chest in frustration. I had to be somewhere with Adham after school. He said that I had to accompany him in this. It most probably will be a meeting with the Meshoufs that had taken a surprising interest in me. Adham will kill me if I don't come.

This day just keeps on getting better.

I looked towards my side to look at Zayn who had a frantic expression.

"Today?" his voice was so soft and held-from what I think was-fear. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

Mr. Sullivan paused and looked at him over his glasses. "Yes, starting from today"

Zayn eyes widen as he shook his head violently. "N-No. Please, not today." He gulped. "I have somewhere else to be" he added.

Probably to a leggy blonde's house to do ahem, u-know-what.

Mr. Sullivan narrowed his eyes. "That's none of my concern" he said and went back to his lecture.

Zayn groaned as his hands ran down his face. He cursed and closed his eyes. He stayed like that for a while then a smirk grew on his lips.

I started at him in horror. Is he bipolar now?

He lifted his head up and nodded to himself and turned to me. or maybe just talks to himself.

"Looks like we are gonna have to be with each other after school" he stated as the annoying smirk still stayed glued to his face.

I rolled my eyes. "U wish. I'm gonna get out of there" I said cooly as I examined my nails. His eyebrows rose up in surprise. "Really? I was going to do the same. Since you are too, let's go together" he offered as the bell rang.

I picked up my belongings and almost laughed when I looked at Zayn grinning ear to ear as he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Stop doing that. You look constipated" I stated as he went back to his original face and frowned.

"I do not!" he protested defensively as he stared back at me in horror.

"Sure thing" I said and walked out of the classroom.

***

***(A/N) Please don't forget to vote, comment and share with your Wattpad friends***