21| I Am What?

Hey guys. So I am back after a long long time. Sorry I was busy in my studies and classes and exams but I am once again here to complete what I started and I really really appreciate you guys sticked up for me all this time!

Thanks a lot!
NunuCreamCaRtel
@itzdamola

[Edited on 4 June, 2019]

Emily's Pov:

What the hell?!

I stumbled across the grass, my toes curled up, burning with fire due to long and sharp pencil heels I was wearing digging into the soft grass.

I groaned in pain, my chin erect with the pride and honour, not willing to show any sign of discomfort on my first real date!

I glared at the spot in the corner of the greenhouse, a growing mould and horsetail above it, trying to distract myself from the fact that I was practically walking half naked in some attire that women dared to call a 'dress'.

While Edward's arms were draped so casually over my shoulders, I had the urge to shake some sense into him that I wasn't habitual to his lingering touches no matter how much I was a villain thinking this as his wife.

Oh, my, my. I was his fucking fake female wife. I totally forgot that. Bam!

"Lily, are you okay? You seem to be a bit tired. I told you, taking a walk in a park in the middle of an evening was not some idea a man would prefer if he was to have a dinner date with his wife the very same day! Man, I have some of my own desires as well but wives these days are no better than nursing cats, always ready to scratch the innocent faces around and creating a nuisance!"

"Excuse me. Did you just call me an animal? A fierce and servant one at that?" I glared at him, my nose scrunched up in an attempt to scare away the men who were glaring holes into my skin right now.

These fucking animalist caterpillars! Hadn't they ever seen a female in a female attire before?

As if judging my discomfort, Edward scooped me even closer, adjusting his coat around me firmly.

"No, I called you a cat, to be precise!"

"A cat is an animal. Pet one at that! How can you call me that! Don't you-"

"Well, most girls like to be called 'cat'!"

"If you hadn't dropped your brain while walking and wagging your tail, you would've known that I don't come in the category of 'most' girls!"

"Good, good. Now we're going somewhere. I thought you were going to be depressed the whole evening for the fact that your feet are bruised and your toes are swelled up. At least we're having a conversion here!" He walked ahead of me, only to turn back to look at me, this time walking with his face directed towards me, his fingers swaying to the words while he talked things about his office. I hoped he wouldn't stumble into someone.

He told me about anything and everything and how he signed another deal with the company, and how he had a fight with Lara. Wait, what?

"You had a fight with Lara? How? When? Is it about that ring you gifted her on her birthday? Didn't she like it? Oh dear, it was the best ring I had seen-"

"No, it isn't that!" He stopped walking, momentarily stumbling on a stone or pebble lying casually on the green moss. His eyes held mine, blue orbs boring into my own green ones. I searched his eyes for any emotion which he might show but found none.