Introduction

*Re-opened for submissions till September 15th 2018*

Who's to say we're alone in the Universe? In fact if we're all totally honest with ourselves, I think we would all admit there's a chance, no matter how big or small, that we are simply one of several million or even several billion races that inhabit the Big-U.

The vast majority of us agree the Universe is 14 billion years old, give or take a few million here or there. That's time enough for stars to live long and healthy lives doing whatever it is that stars do for fun, and following that logic it's more than enough time for an incalculable number of civilisations to have risen and fallen.

Which brings us nicely to what we want from you, the most awesome and hardcore of Sci-Fans! Using a maximum of 5,000 words, tell us the story of the discovery of an ancient or lost civilisation on a distant planet, moon or planetoid.

Once complete, email your story in either .doc or .docx format (alternatively, share with us via Google Docs) to wpsfsubmissions@hotmail.com and leave it with us. We will let you know via email response whether your story has been accepted as soon as we possibly can, and our favourite [insert number here] stories will feature in our upcoming Ancient Civilisations Anthology! And for those of you wondering: Fan-Fic is permitted—why am I thinking about Stargate right know?

Entry to this (what we think is a totally) awesome anthology closes June 17th, so you've got plenty of time to get those stories emailed to us!