Noodles & Drama

Chapter Twenty-One

[UNEDITED BC I NEED TO POOP]

-

"It couldn't have been her, there must be more girls named El—"

"Pela, believe me I just," you pace around her room late in the night, "I believe it in my gut. That was her!"

"Why didn't Jungkook recognize her then?" The woman challenges from her bed.

You freeze, throwing your head back with a tiny whine. "Jungkook was too busy running off to his new partner. Which is why I've called him now...we've just got to wait at this point." You pace again.

A long tee drapes over your features in a baby blue sleepshirt, your hair messily up. Pela remains ready for the night same as you, but in a rosy satin slip. The paling pink of her cardigan thrown on top brings out the brown of her eyes, forcing you to relax the more panic consumes you.

The woman softly calls your name. You and your bare feet don't listen, refraining from nibbling on your nails as you start continuing your scared dance. Pela chuckles, grabs her pillow, and tosses it your direction. You gape when it hits your hip. Picking it up from the ground, you hug it to your chest and resume pacing. Your friend grunts in defeat.

"Woman!" Pela whines, "Even if she is Taehyung's ex-girlfriend, why is this stressing you out so much?"

You glance at her. "I've been trying to figure that out myself!" You whisper-yell before clutching the cushion of the pillow. "I panicked completely while shaking her hand, then she smiled and was so so kind and that completely threw me off on the assumption I already had of her."

"You've got an issue with jumping to conclusions all the time."

"Well, I genuinely thought Ella would be different if I met her. With what she did to Taehyung, it's safe to assume a girl would be bitchier okay?" You don't care anymore, you start to nibble.

Waving your form before Pela's dresser, you heard your best friend sigh, throw her hands up and say, "Okay...we'll wait 'til Jungkook is here to get full confirmation. For now, come here." Pela pats her bed and waits for you. With a sigh, you plop on and have her relax you by laying into her lap. Pela smiles down at you and plays with your hair.

"Are you sure this isn't freaking you out because Taehyung texted you this evening?"

You glance up at her and pout. "That may have something to do with it."

"What did the text say?"

"He asked if I wanted to go out tomorrow night."

"Where?" Pela asks.

"...he mentioned a surprise. I don't know." You try not to smile shy.

Pela studies your expression and asks, "Do you like him?"