05. Japonaiserie

0 5

A conversation was far from what I had with Haru a few minutes ago. Once she started to speak I have only followed the movements of her mouth, as it kept going up and down, her monologue about how she met a guy last night draining every bit of energy within me.

While she kept talking, I couldn't bring myself to mention a thing about the weird encounter I had not even twelve hours ago.

Not because I didn't want Haru to know, but because she would be asking questions; questions I had no answers for. For example how old he was, or where he was from.

And I don't even know what the guy's name was.

As creepy as it sounds, regardless of the stated facts, I just couldn't keep him out of my mind. In all honesty, I knew nothing about him and yet he managed to have such a huge effect on me.

Thinking that it would probably be the best for me to clear up my head, I left my once filled with tea mug in the sink and said goodbye to Haru before heading out to take a breath of much needed fresh air.

It was a warm Saturday morning, with the spring reaching out to the old town's districts.

With my head hanging down, my view remained etched on my feet as they kept walking left and right, almost in the same way my thoughts have danced in the back of my head.

Then I realized I was supposed to go on a date with a guy I knew nothing about, except for the fact that his once beloved Gucci blouse has now stains of expensive red wine.

Before I could rethink about how the universe was againts me, my eyes glared at the big sign against a small door frame saying opened, and I remembered the real reason I was walking down this street.

I came here to see my boyfriend.

Once entering the Manzoku sushi bar, my eyes squinted as a result of the difference between the bright sunlight outside the street and the gloomy, dark space I have now been surrounded with.

The walls are a dark shade of brown, decorated with paintings of cherry blossoms and golden dragons, while the floor was covered in grey tiles.

With at least ten tables set in front of me, I can see a few people sitting casually. A group of friends must it be, one of them having their first meal of the day and the others just enjoying their time spent together.

Pushing through the doors, the small bell attached to it jingles as I was now walking down the bar in search of someone specific until it hits me: the strong smell that roamed within these walls.

The smell that was sometimes almost unbearable.

The smell of fresh fish.

With my nose scrunching in disgust, I don't walk for long until the bell that rang a few seconds ago caused a boy to jump over to the counter.

His jet black hair was the first thing that came into my view, along with the small nose and cheesled out jawline.

That morning, he was wearing a white buttoned up shirt and a black apron covering his lower body, which was different from the red and black uniform he wears during the week days.

Once his eyes meet with mine, his mouth streches into a warm smile, the upper lip almost disappearing as his fingers play with a damped washcloth over the counter.

''If you came here to distract me, you've just answered my prayers.'' Jungkook says as he leans over the counter, giving me a soft peck on the lips.

''Jimin is giving me a hard time and the day hasn't even started.'' He explains, huffing out the air that was sitting in his lungs in frustration.

''Actually'', before finishing my sentence, I sit down at the chair set in front of the counter. ''I came here to talk to you about something.''

His smile drops within seconds and the skin on his face turns pale. ''Are you breaking up with me?''

''Yes, I'm leaving you for Jimin." When those words slide off my tongue, his expression hardens: something I didn't expect.

"I'm kidding!" I say jokingly, but he only smirks, his tongue pushing the inner left cheek as he drops the washcloth next to the sink.

"I'm leaving you because I realized I like older men." I continue with my most serious face. "Besides, my sugar daddy invited me to spend the rest of my life in Hawaii and I couldn't say no."

"You're lucky I'm working now, or else I'd pin you against that wall over there and have you regret teasing me in the first place."

A hard gulp was immediately my response, as every muscle in my body stiffens against the chair. But before I could erase the wild thoughts or even begin to tell Jungkook the real reason I'm here; the large TV attached just above me catches my attention.

Desperate search to find a young woman leaves the whole town in shock, as it happens to be the fourth missing case within the past three months.

''Jungkook, can you please turn up the volume?'' I ask and he immediately does so.

Her family says she simply disappeared from her job at the airport six days ago. Yoon Ria finished up her shift on the fifteenth of march and has not been seen since. Police suspect that the perpetrator was indeed the one responsible for the other missing cases as well; the locals refer to him as ''Whiteface'' according to the white mask the man has been seen wearing.

It is yet unknown who the suspect could be as with every new case, evidence fades away, leaving friends and families desperately crying for help. The locals are demanding for understanding and safety as every young woman now dreads to walk the streets on her own.

Please stay safe and watch over yourselves.

This is Judy Joo, reporting live from Dongdaemun, Seoul on channel two.

A/N

if you're confused with the chapter names, those are the names of van gogh's paintings. i hope you like this so far and the gifs i make. please vote and comment, it keeps me motivated.

i'm sorry for the late update, my life has been hectic but hopefully i can come back to writing regularly. thank you to those who still stuck by my side. i love you!