• 24 •

Percy's POV

I woke up with my arms around Annabeth's waist, and her holding me in her arms, in what I assumed was Annabeth's bed, in what I assumed was Annabeth's room.

I had never been more confused in my life.

"Hey." She said. "You're awake."

"Yeah." I said. As I began to sit up, with us removing our arms from each other, everything came rushing back to me. I remembered running here because I was scared and angry. Because...

Because Gabe hit my mom.

I was instantly filled with rage. I guess Annabeth should tell because she said "Hey. It's ok. Everyone is safe now." She placed a hand on my shoulder. My skin tingled under her touch. I relaxed at this.

"I need to call my mom. Can I borrow your phone?"

"Of course." Annabeth reached over to her night stand and grabbed her phone. She handed it to me.

"Thanks." I dialed the number, my fingers shaking. It rang tree times before someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Mom?"

"Oh Percy! Are you ok? Where are you? Are you safe?" My mom was speaking so quickly I barely understood her.

"Mom." A wave of relief washed over me just hearing her voice. "I'm fine. I'm at Annabeth's." I say. Annabeth is watching me make the call. She blushes and quickly looks away when she realizes that I saw her staring. I thought it was cute, though.

"Oh! Is Annabeth the one you always tell me about?" Annabeth quietly laughed, clearly hearing what my mom said. I blush. I had a feeling my mom knew that I was with Annabeth, and that she said it that loud on purpose.

"Anyways." I say, quickly changing the subject. I'm fine. I'm safe. Who are you with?" I asked.

"My close friend Paul is letting me stay for the weekend. When can we pick you up?" My mom asked. I looked at Annabeth.

"You can stay the weekend if you want. My dad is away on a business trip, but I think he'll be fine with it." Annabeth offered.

"Really? You sure you don't mind?" I asked.

"Of course! You can stay as long as you need." She said, waving her hand.

"Uh mom? If it's fine with you, Annabeth said that I can stay the weekend. Can I?"

"If it's ok with her than that's fine."

"Ok. Thanks mom."

"I have to go Percy, but I call later tonight. I love you."

"Love you too mom." I hung up. I sighed and plopped back into Annabeth's pillows. "You have no idea how relived I am." I said.

"Hey. You wanna make some blue pancakes?" Annabeth asked with a mischievous smirk.

I grin back. "I'd love to, Wise Girl."

***

Soon, there was blue pancake batter in Annabeth's hair and smeared on my face. Annabeth has got me good with that one.

I was just mixing the batter while Annabeth took out a pan. When she came up, I put some of the blue batter on her nose. As she put the pan on the stove, her face broke into a wide open grin and she dipped her finger in the batter and put some on my forehead. She began to laugh. She looked adorable with the batter on her the tip of her nose. I caught her off guard while she was laughing and smeared it on her cheek.

"Oh you're gonna get it." She took some batter and smeared it on my shirt. Then she smiled smugly. But her victory was short lived because I then took some and smeared on her shirt.

We continued to go back and forth until we were both out of breath for laughing so hard.

Then we just stood there and stared into each other's eyes. I always loved her grey eyes. They were beautiful and startling. They were mesmerizing.

This might sound weird, but I took in all of the beauty that was standing right in front of me. I closely examined Annabeth. The curve in at her waist and then out again at her hips. She had strong arms and great legs for days. I assumed she got in such great shape from dance.

I thought that even covered in pancake batter, and fresh out of bed, that she looked beautiful. Her golden curls still looked perfect, despite the streaks of blue pancake mix. I thought how lucky I was to have her in my life as I looked down at her. I couldn't help but smile. She was a head shorter than I was, and I thought that it was perfect. I thought that she was perfect.

We took a step toward each other. I could smell her breath, minty from her toothpaste. I could hear the very faint beating of her heart. Ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump. There was a look in her eyes like she wanted to kiss me. And I wanted to kiss her. So badly. Since that first day in the hall.

I decided to go for it. I leaned my head down to her level. She was looking up at me when our lips touched. When I pulled away she didn't do anything. Then, she grabbed the collar of my t-shirt and yanked me toward her, pushing her lips against mine. She then moved her hands to cup my face and I pulled her against me, wrapping my arms around her waist and then moving them up and down her sides. But, the best part was her lips on mine. And let me tell you—

It was the most amazing feeling of my entire life.