Chapter 13

I stare blankly at Bens face as he takes deep breaths, as if to wait for my reply. But how was I meant to reply. How does anyone reply to that? I don't know the guy yet he's trying to give me life advice of not being jealous of anyone?
"Ben, I'm not sure I understand-"
"What's not to understand? I said don't be jealous of anyone! After all, everyone has two eyes, two ears, a mouth and a nose. And at the end of the day. We're all gonna die. Why be jealous of someone else when their fate ends the same way as yours?"
I was shocked. Death has always been something I was afraid of. A fear almost. And Ben wasn't making it any easier.
"So... so what you're saying is-"
"What I'm saying is, stop be jealous of her because either way, whether you're her or yourself, you're gonna fucking die."
I had enough. I couldn't stand it no more. If death is something I fear, I'm not going to sit here and listen to some stranger tell me I'm going to die. I know I will, but I don't want to be told and reminded of that. I stand from my seat and rush away from the table without saying a word.
I hear Ben call from behind me, telling me to wait. But I ignore him. Walking out of the café.

BEN Drowned POV
"Hey wait! Where are you going?! Wait!"
I call to her as she hurried away. I quickly stand up to chase after her but the waitress stops me.
"Excuse me sir. You need to pay your bill"
"Bill!? We didn't even buy anything!?"
"I know sir but you still used the table and you're right you didn't buy anything which means that table could have been used for people who did want to order food that had to be sent away as there was no spaces-"
"Ugh okay fine! Just quickly I need to catch up with my friend!"
The waitress gave me an odd look as I continued to sign for the bill. She wasn't really a friend but I had to act like she was, so that the waitress wouldn't accuse me of being suspicious.

Once the bill was signed for, I quickly head out of the café and run as fast as I can down the street looking for her until I finally spot her.
"Hey! Wait up!"
I call. She turns and looks behind, only to increase her speed once she sees me. But I manage to catch up with her easily.
"[Name] wait please-"
She suddenly turns around, causing me to stop in my tracks. She was standing dangerously close as she glared into my eyes.
"Who are you?! I never told you my name yet you suddenly know it and you said you recognised me. So I want answers and don't you dare lie to me! Who the fuck are you!!."
She yells in my face as her eye sockets filled with tears. Why was she so emotional? But she was right. She hadn't told me her name. The only reason I knew it was from Slenders mission list. But I can't exactly tell her that. I can't give myself away. Fuck what am I gonna say..!
"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!!"
She screams with anger as the tears begin to fall, her face scrunches as she grows angrier and more and more upset by the second.
"I don't even know why I invited you to come along to the café with me. I don't even know you. I DONT KNOW YOU!"
Her cries increased the angrier she got. She was about to open her mouth again to speak but someone called her name from behind, causing her to take her focus off of me and turn around.
"Susie?"
She asks as she tilts her head. I look over her shoulder to see a girl with glasses and two braids either side of her head.
"Am I interrupting something?"
The girl asks quietly. [Name] sighs deeply, turning back to look at me. Her eyes lock dead with mine. Still glaring at me as she replies.
"No. You aren't. Let's go."
She removes her glare from me and turns to her friend, grabbing her arm and rushing off. Not looking back for even a last glance.