Chapter Twenty Two- Movies and Healing

IVORY'S POINT OF VIEW

The rehab facility said Jade and Ohaji's mother had overdosed in her room on a bunch of different prescription drugs she'd snuck in. Her death was still fresh on everyone's mind so I tried to be there for Jade as much as possible.

"Are you hungry? I'm making spaghetti" I tell Jade as he walked into the kitchen shirtless with gym shorts and socks with slides on his feet.

"Nah I'm about to go outside and smoke something" he said with his voice sounding groggy as he walked passed me and went onto the back porch. I sighed and continued stirring the noodles growing angry.

I had to practically force his ass to eat something or he wouldn't he'd just lie and say he wasn't hungry and sleep his life away.

I went ahead and fixed his plate putting only a little bit of food on his plate and placing it on the counter adding garlic break. I fixed myself a plate and carried them both out to the back sitting it in front of him at the table out back and he squinted at me from the sun being in his eyes.

"I told you I wasn't hungry, I promise if I was I'd eat" he tells me and I stare at him until he smacked his teeth and picked up the fork eating some of the food.

I hadn't had the chance to even talk to Ohaji, he'd sent a text to Silas asking us to watch Calvin for a little bit while he cleared his mind alone. I didn't want to talk to Jade about funeral arrangement but it had to be done.

Jade ate silently and I watched him eat like he hadn't eaten in days causing me to roll my eyes. So much for him not being hungry.

Jades phone began ringing and he picked it up and looked at it before hitting ignore and going back to eating. I knew it was probably Rico or Don trying to check up on him but he didn't feel like talking or saying anything to anyone.

When Jade finished eating he sat his fork down and he began staring at me. I stared back and blew a kiss and he began laughing.

"Give me a kiss right now" he said leaning over the table and I shook my head and got up from the table grabbing his plate and my own and walks inside to put it in the sink and of course he got up and followed me.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist tightly and he began kissing on my neck until I turned around and pecked his lips.

"Let's go to the store and get some snacks and order a movie tonight" Jade said smirking and I chuckled and agreed. I loved having him home now, even thought this past week had been hard for him we'd been doing things that make him happy.

After forcing Silas to come with us we pulled up to a huge shopping center and got out the car, Silas got distracted by the toy machine in the front and stayed there putting his money in the machine and playing the game.

Jade leaned on the buggy and pushed it as I looked at stuff. Every now and then he'd put something in the cart or I'd catch some woman checking him out and I'd mentally roll my eyes.

"Damn ma you got a fat ass, let me get them digits" I heard Jade say from behind me and was about to turn around and smack his ass until I found out he was talking about me. I playfully pushed him and he let go of the cart and walked up to me bumping me.

"Seriously stop you play to much with your ugly ass" I said trying to hold back my smile and he grinned at me.

"Why you having my baby then if I'm so ugly?" He asked and I rolled my eyes and continued walking. I heard him chuckle and follow behind me and kept hitting my butt with the cart.

I ended up losing Jade when I accidentally walked into the baby aisle. We came here to get snacks and I ended up looking at the price of baby food and formula.