Chapter 9.1

Monday morning, the first school day of the week; it was a new experience for Isabel.

Coming from her laid back life, ten years gone-to-come, Isabel was still used to sleeping late, waking up only when her manager called, moving around sluggishly to eat and wake herself up until her manager arrived at her apartment to rush her through the dressing process then race off to whatever work she had planned for the day, if she had any.

Through her own influence and Brycen pressuring them from above, Isabel's career took a huge hit. Even if she had a terrible public image from all the torment she subjected Susan Walker to, Isabel was still very beautiful and had good acting skills, but if anyone wanted to hire her for anything, they had to think twice about offending Jaeger Corp that stood against her-so her job offers were few and tedious and she was constantly worn out, yet she still didn't forget to pester Susan and Brycen.

After following that schedule for-what had been to her-the last eight or so years, suddenly having an alarm clock blare her awake at 5 o' clock then with hardly enough time to shake off her sleepy state, being thrown into the hell that was school morning preparation (with two kids, by herself) left Isabel half past dead.

"Damn! You look like crap Izzy." Davina pulled down her glasses to better observe Isabel's disheveled state.

"Shh!" Isabel waved one hand wildly as she held her scarf covered head with the other. "Not so loud." She spoke in a loud whisper to which Davina chuckled while opening the back door for the twins before opening the front passenger door for Isabel to get into the black Audi and once she was in, Davina reclined the seat.

"Sleep a little, okay."

Isabel gave a grateful hum as she turned her head to the side and almost instantly fell asleep again. She was pooped! Who knew getting kids ready for school was so much work?

First she had to get them out of bed, then wake them up (there was a huge difference between the two, thank you), get them into the bath, make breakfast and lunch, get them out of the bath which surprisingly had to be negotiated. What's there to negotiate? Get outta the water!

Getting dressed was a war all by itself, thankfully, only one of her children was a complete brat who demanded help with every article of her clothing and also, Kim had been kind enough to have their uniforms ironed the day before, because really, if Isabel had needed to do it herself, all now they'd still be at it.

Pants, skirt, shirts times two, waist coats times two and blazers times two.

Also, would you believe that eating breakfast could be a task? She swore that from now on they would eat before wearing their uniforms. If Kim had only pressed one set of uniforms, Isabel would have puked blood for the shirt, waist coat and blazer that Phoenix drenched in milk.

She had only just experienced one morning-- not even half of what Kin had endured on her behalf for the past six- almost seven years. Isabel was determined to find a chance to repay Kim for all this time even though the little blonde woman always said she didn't need anything. Even if she didn't need it, she deserved it. 'Giving birth was not all it took to be a mother', Isabel had just stumbled upon the truth of this saying.

She had been reborn; yes, she was given a second chance, so she needed to grasp it firmly and focus on the things that mattered and for that to happen it would take a lot of effort and hard work.

This was real life, it wasn't some TV drama where she was the tragic protagonist of the last life, reborn to take revenge and stand at the peak with the help of some magic cheat; she was herself, only with the added advantage of wisdom over the years that she had earned from the experiences brought by her own wishful thinking and many terrible decisions. To change her fate, she needed to change herself; it had nothing to do with the people around her.