Fears

Katrina's POV

My sweaty body landed with a bounce into the mattress, next to Blue's. 

I was spent, tired, and sore. 

I looked over at Blue to find him already grinning hard over at me. 

I tried not to smile as I shoved my hand in his face and pushed, "get away from me" I groaned as I desperately tried not to move too much. 

He really, really, had missed me. 

I looked over at the window to see the sky was already starting to brighten, the sun was nearly up. 

I'll never be able to walk again. 

Blue smiled as he pressed his face against my neck, breathing in deeply as he lips tilted up into a smile into my skin. "You smell like me" he muttered happily. 

I groaned again, "shut up".

"I never want you to shower again" he continued as he nuzzled his face into my neck, nearly purring into my skin. 

"Not everyone has a dog's nose, normal people will just smell sex" I rolled my eyes over at him, as he nuzzled his face into my chest, pulling my naked body into his own. 

"I still like the idea" he mumbled, his breath deepening as he started to slowly fall asleep on top of me. 

I just ran my hand over the side of his face, loving the feel of his solid body so close to mine. 

"I do love you" I muttered back to him in the darkness of our room. He barely moved, but I could feel his lips twitching against my skin, even though he was silent. 

I waited. 

"You better say it back, or else I'm-" he leaned up quickly at pressed his lips to my own, cutting me off. 

He dropped back into my chest, "shut up" he smirked, "and I love you too" he rumbled as he wrapped me tighter in his arms. 

I tried not to smile in the darkness, I really tried. 

"I can feel it you know" he mumbled. 

My brow crunched in confusion, "feel what?"

"That fear inside of you" he mumbled, still holding me tightly, "you're afraid I'll leave again" he mumbled, sleep twinging into his voice. "That I'll hurt you again" he continued, sounding father and farther away. 

My chest constricted at the truth in his words. 

Our bond was so deep now, as much as a living thing as he and I were, I don't know what I would do if he left again. 

If I could take that blow again. 

That fear was so deeply rooted in me, I'm surprised he could feel it. 

I did love him, and it was that love that terrified me. 

It hadn't before, but after feeling what it did to me when he suddenly was just gone, I was terrified.

It was probably the bonds fault, but it was fear none the less. 

Fear he'd leave, and fear he never love me as much or as long as he promised. 

Forever was a long time. 

And if what Laura said was any indication, I had a feeling we'd struggle with that time line. 

"But I'm not going anywhere" he muttered in a sleep daze, before he finally succumbed to sleep, clutching me tighter than before. 

My chest tightened even more.