*3* Orcs *3*

Turning to Gandalf, I nod at him in thanks. He smiles at me, then waves me off. Turning back around, I pull up my hood, dawning my weapons, and heading into the woods. Another Orc cry sounds, followed by the screams of a child. 

~~~

My eyes widen, and I take off towards the sounds, whistling loudly behind me.

Nightwing gallops up beside me, and I swing onto her back, instantly urging her forward.

"Mama!" I hear the child scream, and I can tell it's a little boy.

"Mama, no!" A little girl screams.
Nightwing and I emerge from the trees to see a little boy and girl cowering by a tree. Blood is splattered everywhere, and a pair of Dwarves lay on the ground, motionless. Blood is pooling from the pair, and my eyes quickly find the culprits.

Three Orcs are slowly advancing on the terrified children, and I can't help but be furious. Glancing at the Dwarves, I see they're still breathing, but barely. I'll have to be quick.

Pulling out my swords, I jump off of Nightwing and charge towards the orc closest to the children, the one raising her axe.

My swords clash against her axe, and I kick her backwards. She stumbles into the other two orcs, known as Bog and Nugu. They scramble back a bit, and I take a few steps forward. I need to drive them as far away from the children as possible. 

They all stand up again, standing around me in a circle, the children seemingly forgotten to them. They charge, letting out battle cries. I turn to Bog on my left, blocking his sword with one of mine, and swooping my other one through his stomach. He falls to the ground with a grunt, and I turn to the other two. The girl, Batul, charges at me, only for the other orc to knock her back. Nugu smirks at me, then jumps at me. It nearly catches me by surprise, but I roll to the right, just managing to dodge his sword. 

I jump back up onto my feet, reaching to my thigh and tossing a throwing knife at Nugu. It lodges itself into his forehead, and he falls forward, dead. Hearing a child's cry, I swing around, ready to charge.

But, I stop in my tracks. Batul is holding up the little girl by her brown hair, her axe at her thoat. 
In Orcish, she growls, "Lay down your weapons."

With a glare, I drop my swords, swinging my bow off my shoulder and onto the ground. I drop to my knees, showing my hands. In the corner of my eye, I see Nightwing hiding in the trees. Batul drops the girl to the ground, sauntering up to me. She raises her axe, ready to strike me. 

But before she gets the chance, I whistle loudly. Nightwing comes barreling through the trees towards Batul, who lets out an ungodly yell in surprise. Nightwing jumps on Batul, stomping her head in. 
Without a second thought, I chop her head off. I know the repercussions of what will happen once her body is found. After all, she's the little sister of my worst enemy. One of Azog's generals, Orbul. She and I have quite a past, as with Ogloren, but that is for another time. Panting slightly, I turn to the two unconscious Dwarves, instantly running up to them. 

It's only two hours before dawn, and they look like they might not survive another hour. I hurriedly check their wounds, seeing the first woman with a punctured stomach, and the second woman with a slit throat. 
I place a hand on each of their wounds just as the first woman stops breathing. Taking a deep breath, I quickly start reciting a healing chant. 

"Undabias Lunier Yalla. Undabias Lunier Yalla." (Oon-dab-eye-ass loon-ear- y'all-a)
I recite the chant a few times, watching a green glow emit from my hands and patch up their wounds. Standing, I motion to Nightwing. She trots over to me, then nods her head towards the children. Turning to the children, I take off my hood, saying, "Come here. Are you hurt?" 
The little boy guides the girl over to me, and quietly says "No ma'am." 
I study the two for a moment.