Chapter IV

Act II of Devotion: Endurance

Chapter IV: The Tourney of Lannisport Part I

"The Tourney of Lannisport was the revelation of the new age for Rhaegar Targaryen and Leila Lannister. They met again after months of not seeing each other finally without pretenses or hidden identities. The crown prince's presence made Leila Lannister feel a satisfaction of some sorts for the prince understood her. The prince and Leila Lannister found that they have much in common, unsatisfied with the world they live in and with the duties that they have been given in life. Both have become greatly important in each other's lives in that one night and securing that both of them would be in each other's lives for the rest of what remained to them. To Rhaegar Targaryen though, that night would be spoken of by himself to all those he would know for the rest of the time he had to be the finest night he had ever experienced in his life time and he would never forget how that changed his life for all of time."

-Maester Maekar, Chapter IV of the White Queen

LEILA LANNISTER HAD NEVER FELT EMPTINESS IN HER LIFE BEFORE. Leila Lannister had not understood why some people had felt like this and how they had managed to cope. How Rhaella Targaryen managed to cope with the fact that she was not loved by her own husband or perhaps how her father had successfully kept that grief he has of losing the woman he had loved his entire life all hidden from plain sight. Or how some women of her time managed to be wed without love, or losing their own children. How did these people handle all the grief and misery that came after broken hearts shatter? Leila did not know but she applauded them. She was envious of how most of them have managed to continue on with their lives and not allow all of the things that shattered them or their spirits get to them. That moment, Leila was failing. She was falling apart, uncertain what was next when she never comprehended anything like this to happen. All in her mind before was returning to the young girls that would have been her daughters, waiting for their father and her own lover to come home. But alas, the times had changed.

The young lady of Casterly Rock and Sunfire decided to distract herself from grief. The governance of Casterly Rock once more fell upon her shoulders as it had done briefly a few years ago after her mother had died. After running her own state of affairs in Sunfire, Leila was certain that she could run Casterly Rock much better now after growing and developing into her own. Of course, her decisions were only overruled by her father's word and orders when they came to her. Leila was careful to make acts and edicts and often relied in the cautious advice of her elder uncles and aunts. She woke early and almost immediately had Elissa bring all her paperwork from Sunfire for her the moment she opened her eyes, having a writing tool brought to her bed and parchment, quill and ink prepared on the writing tool. The candle wax and the seal were beside the bed with the candle lit beside her.