Surprises - Part 2.

I did not have the energy to change or as a matter of fact even wash my face

I did not have the energy to change or as a matter of fact even wash my face. I just dragged myself to the mess like a goddamned zombie. I am not scared of Riya or her intimidating glares. I just love her way too much to say no to her. She might have planned something that's why she is being so persistent about it.

I checked the time. 9.22pm it read, the mess lady is definitely going to hammer us today. She gets pissed when we go for food after 9pm. Weird but can't help it. After the ' delicious' dinner at the mess (note the sarcasm), we started making our way back to the hostel. 

"So,  umm, are your parents coming to visit you? " She asked with a stiff voice. 

"No idea" I said,  my voice suddenly blocking up.  I never heard from them after that day.  Ayush called me once or twice a week that too secretly,  but never came to  meet me.  I don't  blame him,  my parents will be the reason why he is not coming to see me.  I miss them,  I miss Ayush.  Whatever happens, but they are my parents but I guess dad meant every word when he said that his daughter is dead.  I sighed.

"Hey,  Everything will be fine" She gave me a small smile I nodded.

We reached the hostel and all my other friends were standing with a balloons in their hands and a cake was placed on the table in main room of the hostel.

"Suuuurrrprise! " Everyone screamed and my eyes widened at the sight.

This literally touched my heart.  All these girls had experienced the scene with my parents but noone had gossiped about it,  atleast not in front of me.  And after all that they still did this.  I was sooo freaking happy.

"You guys do realize my birthday is tomorrow right?" I laughed as Everyone wished me.

"Obviously we know but you'll  know we'll  celebrate it tomorrow anyway. You wouldn't be surprised as much as you are surprised now! " A girl named Sejal said.

"You talk nonsense  Sejal" Riya rolled her eyes. " We planned it today because we love you! No other reason"

I hugged everyone in the room and cut the cake. 
Everything was perfect you know.  I was studying,  achieving my dreams,  I had friends.  But why did I felt like something was missing.  Something really big?  I looked around and saw everyone talking and laughing with each other,  enjoying themselves.  What was missing?  Why did I feel a void in my heart?