𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SIXTEEN( of men and angels, part ii )

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
( of men and angels, part ii )

With a cloth in her right hand and bandages on the other, Clary was slowly but carefully wrapping the bandage around Jax's wounded shoulder as they waited for Simon and Jace to come back with the ingredients. Things were silent between the two for a while, something Jax rather liked. But much to his disappointment, it didn't take long for Clary to start to talking.

"How are you feeling?" There it was, the obligated question that everyone always find the need to ask.

"I've been watching Khloe, or Kim-or whoever that Kardashian chick is, yelling around for her fucking cocktail dress for the past fifteen minutes and I can't even lift my hand to grab the remote without feeling like Satan's stabbing my shoulder repeatedly. So, Clary, how do you think I'm feeling?"

Clary blinked. "I'm going to go with 'not well'."

"Did I hear cocktails?" Magnus came flouncing in the room, asking if he heard them correctly even though he already had a cocktail drink in his head. The warlock's hair was messier than he'd ever seen it, but after Magnus had grumbled and said that it was their fault for not letting him get his 'beauty sleep', Jax had learned not to mention it again.

"I see you've taken quite the liking of playing nurse," Magnus commented and much to Jax's pleasure, grabbed the remote to change the channel. Although Jax's mood soon deflated and grumbled somthing along the lines of 'shit quality tv' when Magnus has changed it to America's Next Top Model instead.

The red head raised an eyebrow in question when Magnus tapped her shoulder gently and tilted his head to the side before walking off. Though confused, Clary followed after him in silence. "How is he doing?" Magnus asked the moment they stood a fair distance away from the couch where Jax was lying on so that despite his werewolf hearing, Jax couldn't hear them.

"Despite going back to his usual sarcastic self and saying that he's fine, he's really not. He can act like the pain's not bothering him but I can see it in his eyes. He's not getting better, Magnus. I saw his wounds, the potion is spreading fast and I-" she had to pause to take a shaky breath and calm her nerves. "I just... I'm scared. He's getting worse and I don't know what to do. I-I can't lose him, Magnus, not him too."

"You won't," Magnus stated, although he knew he was in no position to make any promises right now. They both turned their heads and watched Jax, who didn't know they were looking, as he slightly lifted up the bandage on his shoulder only to see that the bleeding hasn't stopped and that the veins along his arms were slowly turning black. With a shaky breath, he leaned his head back on the couch and closed his eyes tightly.

Magnus placed his hand on Clary's shoulder comfortingly and gave her a smile. A barely evident, sorrowful smile but still a smile nevertheless. "Don't worry your pretty little head, peanut. I know it looks bad but if there's one thing I know about Jackson is that he's a fighter. He won't let something this bring him down. He'll be up and running the moment your boy toys came back with the ingredients, you'll see. You just gotta have faith."