Chapter 24: Finding My Tear

The air is crisp and the skies, welcoming, as the butterfly beats its wings against the wind. 

The clouds dissipate and the sun greets her beauty with endearing rays.

Jin gave a sigh as he stood out on the balcony of the room they were staying in. The boys had complained of feeling tired so they had stopped at a bed and breakfast. He had just finished hanging up the boys dampened clothes to dry. 

His hair danced against his face as he stared down at his phone, his mother's voice resonating from its speakers. "Are the boys doing okay?"

Jin gave a nod as if the woman was standing right in front of him and rested an arm on the balcony rail. "They are doing fine. They were really upset when I told them we'd be moving back..." Jin gave a sad smile, his soft eyes lifted towards the night sky. "Tae probably cried the hardest...They probably hate me now"

"You are their father. They could never hate you. I'm sure they know that what you are doing is only in their best interest. A single parent can only handle but so much.."

Jin felt his heart wrench at those words. He only wished that his intentions aligned with the best interests of his children. But he knew the truth. And it only made him feel worse. He knew his decision was the by-product of his own selfishness.

"Well, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted. I'll call you when we're on our way"

"Alright dear, see you in the morning"

Jin hung up the phone and held it close to his chest.

This was for the better. He couldn't go back. It was far too painful and honestly, he had been through enough. He would start over in this new life. He would move on. He could move on. 

Couldn't he?

----------------------------------------------

The night was brief and the morning was quick to come.

Jimin sat cross-legged on the bed as he watched Jin change his little brother's diaper. Taking note of his father's quick glance at the box of wipes, the little boy quickly reached out for a wipe and passed it to Jin.

The young father smiled and grabbed the small cloth before wiping off Jungkook's bottom.

Jimin continued to watch Jin's troubled expression, biting his lip before finally speaking out. "I don't hate you...appa.."

Jin paused and slowly lifted his eyes

Jin paused and slowly lifted his eyes. "A-Ah?"

"You are doing the best you can...good Appa..." He mumbled as he reached out and patted Jin lightly on the head. 

Jin gave a sad smile. "Thank you Jimin..." He glanced across the room at Taehyung. The little boy sat on the edge of the bed, his back to the rest of his family. He had been looking over his shoulder, listening to the conversation but the moment his father had turned his gaze in his direction, he quickly turned his head away and pretended to play with his action figure.