Twenty Six: What comes next?

After a while, Oikawa ran up to his friend who was already far ahead of him. He was still a little dumbfounded by the sudden realisation, but he tried to hide his surprise and stay cool headed. Not that Iwaizumi fell for his fake calmness. Only a quick peek at his friend's face was enough for him to tell that Oikawa was more than confused. Despite being so good at reading others on the court, Oikawa could be really clueless when it came to his own feelings after all.

"C'mon it's only natural for you to be confounded so don't hide it, you volleyball moron", Iwaizumi sighed, keeping the fast pace.

Oikawa twitched, realising how scarily accurate his friend's knowledge of him was.

"I-I wasn't", he tried to deny, but Iwaizumi just waved at him airily.

"Yeah, keep up your acting".

Oikawa pouted, but he didn't say anything more.

Suddenly, Iwaizumi took on a cunning expression and turned his head to Oikawa.

"By the way, isn't it the first time you've been in love?", he asked teasingly. "How cute".

As he expected, Oikawa's face immediately grew red.

"Shut up!", he exclaimed and moved his eyes on the side. "Says an expert".

"At least I don't play around flirting with everyone and everything", Iwaizumi answered back and shrugged.

"Because nobody would want to-", Oikawa wanted to continue the argument, but he paused as soon as he heard his friend's fingers' snapping. He turned his head to him and yelped, seeing his pissed off face. "Sorry!"

Iwaizumi sighed and his menacing glare washed off from his face.

For a moment they continued walking in silence but soon Oikawa spoke up.

"Hey, Iwa-chan", his voice was quieter and less confident than before.

Iwaizumi raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"What should I do?", the boy asked.

"That should be my question", his friend replied.

Oikawa turned to him, surprised.

"What do you mean?", he inquired.

Iwaizumi sighed in discontent.

"The bet".