Outmatched

I wish I could explain your eyes, and how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. How your smile makes my heart skip a beat and how everytime I'm with you, I feel so complete. ©

---

It was already morning.Streams of sunlight greeted me as I opened my eyes.

I rested my back against the headboard while gently massaging my temples.

Lauren and I barely got any sleep yesterday.We talked all night and I barely even remember when or how our conversation ended. I must've been really sleepy by then.

My phone vibrated underneath the covers. I dug it out and checked.

A smile instantly appeared on my face as soon as her name flashed on my screen.

I tapped and read her message.

From: Lauren

Good morning sleepyhead =3 Thank you for yesterday. It was really nice catching up with you. See you later at school. (I'm really looking forward to it ) ^•^ Be safe! <3

For a moment, the throbbing in my head was overpowered by the pounding in my heart. I mustered a quick reply and jumped off the bed with an unwavering smile on my face.

I must be really losing my sanity because I think about her a little more than I should.

I did my morning routines with her on my mind.

I went inside the shower and thought about Lauren...I combed my hair, brushed my teeth and thought about Lauren...I had breakfast with my family and thought about Lauren...

I couldn't really shake her off my mind even after I stepped outside our house and saw Allison waiting for me on our driveway.

"Someone's in a good mood. " Ally commented as I made my way towards her car.

"Good morning to you too!" I couldn't contain the excitement in my veins as I greeted her and kissed her cheeks which might've surprised her .( It's because I seldom kiss her.)

Ally's cheeks reddened, the blooming colour spreading in her flawless face. She looked away and mumbled something incoherent under her breath.

It was really rare for her to be like this.She was always so confident and self assured.

So I couldn't help but stare.

"Don't look at me like that "she said as her eyes refused to meet mine.

"Like what? " I inquired, bobbing my head to the direction of her gaze.

"Like this? " I didn't 't know what came over me but I placed my hands against the hood of her car , successfully trapping her in the process. I was grinning as I inched my face closer to her, stared directly in her eyes.

But my smile faltered as I was caught off-guard by the widened surprise and the raw intensity I found in her swirling orbs.

I couldn't look away. There was something in there. That same familiarity ...

I took the opportunity to study her set of greys.But they weren't just grey, the term was far too plain in comparison.

Her eyes shimmered like wisps of cloud in a gathering twilight. They were so pristine, so striking. It was as if the color had faded out, leaving the lustrous shade behind.

I was filled with an overwhelming emotion I couldn't quite put into words.

For a moment I felt like I was ensnared but I retreated and managed to look away.

"Umm sorry. " I mumbled while rubbing the back of my neck , embarrassed at what I did.

"It's fine. Don't worry. "she said as she dragged me inside her car.

Her face was pink but there's a lingering smile on her lips.

Weird. I honestly thought that she'll be mad at me.

I guess she's not.

--

The room was almost full when we arrived.Our friends greeted us with a wave. They were huddled in their seats which was situated in the middle of the room. They were all waiting for us.

Well, 

Except for one.

She was nowhere near our friends so I stopped walking for a moment and quickly scanned the room.

Most of our classmates were already seated , some quietly reading their textbooks while others are either chatting with their friends or scrolling through their phones

"Looking for someone? " Lauren whispered in my ear. I nearly jumped in surprise.

I was beyond startled, she was so close...

I even felt her lips graze the side of my ear.

It's my weakness and she knows that.

Fortunately, no one was paying us any attention. Even Ally was busy talking to our friends and some of our classmates who badly wanted to get her attention.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack. " I said to the culprit who was already laughing at my initial reaction.

Ugh. Is this my Karma for what I did earlier?

I pouted and pretended to ignore her.

She must've noticed because she finally stopped laughing. Still, I ignored her and was about to head towards my seat when she stopped me.

"Hey. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. " she said as she hugged me from behind and rested her chin on my shoulders.

My heart did a quick somersault because of what she did .

I didn't complain though. I like having her this close to me.

"Tell you what. " she whispered.

"I'll treat you anywhere you like if you forgive me. " she proposed. Her breath dangerously close to my ears. It's sending shivers down my spine so I unconsciously agreed.

"Okay. " I said quietly as she smiled and loosened her hug.

"It's a deal then. "

I'm not sure if it was the way she beamed at me, or how she tucked her hair as she smiled at me coyly that made my heart hammer in my chest.

But in that moment I somehow knew that I was hopelessly outmatched. Because even after she released me, I can still feel my heart - beating, pulsing and thumping wildly.

--

Vote
(if you like)

Comment
(It really means a lot)

Send me your thoughts

(Who do you think is better for Erin?
Lauren or Ally?)

P. S thank you for reading and supporting. I seriously love you guys. I'll be finishing the next chapter as soon as I can. <3

ave ~