━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter thirty-two: to be alone with you█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter thirty-two: to be alone with you
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter thirty-two: to be alone with you█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

FOR A MOMENT, Indira forgets how to breathe. The air in her lungs dissipates, leaving her breathless; as if the wind has been knocked out of her by physical force. In her ears, she can hear nothing but the sound of her own blood rushing through her veins as her heart begins to pound in her chest, growing more erratic and unstable with every passing beat.

She looks at Poe, then looks at the scared soldier standing in front of them. In a split second, she makes a judgement call without thinking and reaches forward, yanking the soldier's blaster from his belt. The boy makes a sound of protest, but Indira doesn't stick around to hear it. Instead, she takes off in a sprint towards her aunt's office, leaving Poe behind without a second glance.

"Indira, wait!" He shouts, but she elects to ignore him.

Not Leia, she thinks and her voice inside her head is an angry, venomous snarl that propels her forward. You tried to take my mother. You already took Han. You can't have Leia, too.

Indira runs faster than she's ever run before. She thinks she might be sick, heart pounding so hard that it hurts, but she can't calm down; not when she knows what is at stake. Leia is the only family she has with her now that Han is dead and her mother and father are gone, scattered across the stars. But Leia is more than just Indira's family. She is the face of the Resistance; a beacon of hope and strength to the rest of the galaxy, even in the darkest of times. Her light would not be snuffed out by some cowardly, murderous piece of shit from the First Order. Indira would die before she let that happen.

As she rounds the corner to Leia's office, she sees a circle of guards standing just outside the door and shoves past them so she can see what's happening inside the room and her stomach drops. There, before her, Leia is standing alone and defenseless; unarmed and unguarded, with the assassin's gun trained directly on her.

Indira's stomach churns when she recognizes the assassin from Starkiller base. The blonde hair and dark clothing is unmistakable, regardless of the red scarf covering the girl's face. It was the bounty-hunter Indira had shot — the girl who had helped Kylo Ren murder Han Solo.