━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter thirty-five: something bad█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter thirty-five: something bad
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    THERE'S NO TIME to be wasted as the Resistance base sounds the alarm for evacuation, rousing everyone from their beds to their posts within minutes

THERE'S NO TIME to be wasted as the Resistance base sounds the alarm for evacuation, rousing everyone from their beds to their posts within minutes. Indira and Poe go their separate ways as he hurries to rally his pilots and she returns to her living quarters one last time. The technician makes quick work of her personal belongings, grabbing only what she deems necessary — EV-1, her necklace, a few books, some scattered tools, her holopad, and a couple pairs of clean clothes — before leaving the rest of her things behind.

     She heads to the hangar after that and finds the ship bay swarming with Resistance crew members. There's a certain organized chaos to the evacuation process that allows Indira to jump in and help wherever she is needed; whether it be with trundling up carts of charging cables and other tech, directing lost droids onto evacuation pods, or running diagnostics on smaller ships like the T-70s and the Starfortress bombers.

     She doesn't have much time to think about everything that's going on. Her mind is focused on only the task at hand — getting packed and getting the hell off of this planet as soon as possible. Even so, Indira can't help but feel a small pang of sadness at the knowledge that she might never return to the terrestrial planet ever again. D'Qar had become her home by default once the Hosnian System had been destroyed by the First Order, but it had also became her home by choice when she found a family amongst the people on the base. Some of the best moments of her life had happened while standing on the very ground she was standing on right now. Even if she ever managed to return to D'Qar again someday in the future, things would never be the same.

     "Beren!" Kaydel Ko Connix — one of Leia's most trusted lieutenants — shouts, flagging her down once she finishes loading a cargo trunk onto a nearby ship.

     Indira wipes the sweat from her brow with the sleeve of her uniform before jogging over to her. "Yeah?" She asks, slightly breathless from exertion. "What's up?"

     "I have orders for you," Connix says wryly, adjusting the comm in her ear. "Directly from General Organa herself."

     "Oh, great," she replies, taking advantage of the brief respite to catch her breath. "Give 'em to me."