Forty

As Jimin was getting stitched up in one room, Yoongi was getting fitted for a cast in the other. Apparently, he'd broken his hand in three places. Talk about defending Jimin's honor, huh? "So, Seung was at the bar?" Hoseok asked once it was just the two of them in the room.

"Apparently, more than once, but today was my first time seeing him there." Jimin exhaled slowly. "And get this, Hanji wasn't with him. You think he came there for me?"

"Uhh.." Hoseok hesitated. He wasn't sure how to go about answering Jimin's question. He was hoping it was rhetorical. "If he did, then that's creepy."

"Yeah, it is." Jimin agreed and shifted his attention to his bandaged hand. Seeing Seung after all that happened was beginning to bring back memories he was hoping to forget. "Is Hana still with Yoongi?"

"I'm not sure, I can go check. They're right next door." Hoseok offered.

Jimin nodded, hoping to get a moment alone. "Thank you."

Hoseok smiled and left the room, leaving Jimin alone with his thoughts. 

Staring down at his bandaged hand, Jimin couldn't wrap his head around what just took place. Was Seung really there? Lord, Jimin hoped he'd been dreaming. But, the stitches on his hand would prove otherwise. What was Seung's motive all of a sudden? He'd never stepped foot in that bar since Hana's owned that place, which was surprising to Jimin since Seung made it seem like he couldn't breathe without a glass. So, why now? 

Jimin looked up at the dropped ceiling and exhaled sharply. "Why now?"

--

"I'm surprised your hand even works anymore." Hana sat beside Yoongi. "First it was those stitches, now this." 

"Well, the stitches didn't get to heal right, remember?" Yoongi conversed as if the doctor wasn't even there. "I don't know how Seung doesn't remember me from the first time I punched him in the face." Yoongi nodded politely as the doctor left the room.

"Yoongi, he drinks. What do you expect? To be honest, I barely even remember that. The three of us have been through so much. From you running off in the middle of the night, in a drunken rage, to Jimin breaking up with you for the first time. Did you even tell him about going to see Siwon?"

Yoongi slapped his free hand over Hana's mouth, stopping her in her tracks. "Are you crazy? Of course, I didn't tell him. Why would I? We were broken up." He removed his hand from Hana's mouth just in case she would try and bite him. "Besides, it was so long ago."

"Okay.." Hana wiped her mouth, not knowing the last time Yoongi washed his hands. "What happens when you two run into Jaeyoon and Siwon? You know they're full of drama, and you know Siwon might try and use that visit against you. If not him, then Jaeyoon would."

"I doubt it." Yoongi turned his attention to his casted arm and sighed. "I don't see us running into them anymore. We went out to eat with them, then we went to their wedding. I'm sure they're done tormenting me."

"You just jinxed yourself, I bet." Hana stood. "I wouldn't be surprised if they came knocking on the door tomorrow."

"What are you? A fortune teller? Won't you go check on Jimin. I'm sure here's lonely."

"Not a chance Hoseok's in there with him." Hana smiled and flicked Yoongi's forehead. "But, maybe he misses me, so I'll go check on him." She patted his head and started out the door, almost slamming into Hoseok.

"Oh! Hana!" Hoseok jumped back, startled to see her. "I was just coming to get you. Jimin wants to see you."

"Funny, that's just where I was headed. Stay with Yoongi for a sec, please?"  Hana smiled politely, which was shocking to Hoseok but he started to noticed she was always a bit nicer to him than she was to everyone else. 

"Yeah, of course. Take your time, I'll be here." Hoseok returned her smile, but it slowly faded as she passed him and went into Jimin's room. He stood outside Yoongi's room for a long while, trying to process what he just heard. What visit to Siwon? And why? Hoseok hadn't the slightest clue what to do with this information. He was torn. He contemplated just keeping it to himself, but he knew Jimin would want to know. But, Hoseok didn't want to start anything, especially if he didn't have all the facts. Hoseok sighed and shook the thought from his head, and peered inside of Yoongi's room. "Hey, you okay?"

"Hey, yeah i'm fine. Broken in three places, though." Yoongi held his casted arm up and shrugged.

"That's what happens when you're in love." Hoseok laughed a bit and sat across from Yoongi.

"Yeah, no kidding."

"Hey, you sure you're okay?" 

"Yeah. It's just a lot happening at once right now." Yoongi admitted. "Can I admit something to you?"

Hoseok drew in a deep breath, stalling to answer. "Sure, feel free." It wasn't often that the two talked to one another, but they were there so, why not?

"I'm exhausted." Yoongi's voice sounded almost strained.

"Yeah, I know, me too. I didn't sleep well last night." Hoseok agreed.

"No, I mean I'm exhausted." He repeated, resting his chin on his palm. "With this relationship."

Hoseok was taken aback by such bluntness. "What do you mean? I thought you were back on track.."

"Yeah, but how long until it goes back to shit?" Yoongi looked the latter in the eye and shook his head. "How many times do I have to physically hurt myself in the name of love?"

"Yeah, I know it may seem that way bu-"

"Why can't they just let us be?" Yoongi interrupted. "I'm exhausted."

Hoseok felt for Yoongi, he really did. He saw what all this was doing to him, and in truth, Yoongi did look exhausted. He appeared to not have much fight left in him. And who was Hoseok to blame him? All that those two had been through, he couldn't imagine going through it himself. Those two had been through hell and back, but it didn't seem like it made them any better. "I can imagine anyone in your position would be worn out, but sometimes things are hard for a long time before they start to get better. Things aren't just hard for you right now, they're hard for Jimin too. Don't give up just yet, see things through. Be there for each other."

Yoongi remained quiet. He almost regretted opening his mouth in the first place. Of course, Hoseok wouldn't understand. Who would? It wasn't like Yoongi didn't love Jimin, or that he didn't want to be with him. It was just the fact that nothing could ever go right. Sure, they'd be fine for a little while, but it would only be long before they'd have a problem again. Could anyone blame him for being tired? And, it wasn't like Yoongi wanted to break up, because he didn't. He just wished it didn't have to be so hard being with Jimin. "Yeah, you're right." He agreed even though he didn't want to. But, at this point, he was tired of speaking.

---

A/N: Hi lovelies! I figured I'd put the author's note at the bottom bc i'm sure y'all wanted to get to reading lol but I'm here, I'm alive and healthy in case you were wondering.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Things taking a bit of a turn, and Yoongi's starting realize that he's hurting more than he is happy, so there's a bit of an ultimatum at hand. We'll see what happens, now wont we? 

I missed you all and I'm shocked that i still have very active readers even though its been a crazy long time since I updated. Man, oh man it's been about 4 years since i started this story can you believe it?  I sure cant lmfao

anyways i won't make this too long, but I'm glad my readers have stuck with me this long and I love each and every one of you 💕