Chapter LX

"I love you."

I thought it was too late to tell him those three words even though it's too late to feel confident enough to say it to his face and in front of my mom. Even though I'm still breaking and hurting inside.

I shake his body as he slowly collapsed on the floor. I looked at James angrily as his face turned shocked because he shot his own friend, dropping the gun on the concrete floor, the sound of the heavy object hurt my ear. His eyes began to pool with tears, "O-oh n-no..." his voice was shaking.

I hear footsteps behind James and Trevor as I saw Noah, Logan, Ethan, and Caleb. I looked at Cayden as I continuously cried my eyes out as I held him in my arms, the color of his face begins to turn pale and his skin begins to feel cold.

"What happened?" Logan asks as I pointed at his stomach, hugging Cayden at the same time. "The cops should be here any minute now."

I look behind me and there was no sign of Trevor and Nolan. They must've run away but instead of seeing James leave us, he stayed. He walked towards me slowly while looking down at Cayden, as he cries his eyes out in front of me and Cayden.

"I-I'm so sorry, " James says. His hands were shaking and so were his knees. He starts to bend down, touching Cayden's hand. Before he can touch him again, Noah punched James as he totally collapsed on the floor with a bloody nose.

"That's for shooting your own best friend, " He says. Logan walked towards Noah and James, and they start kicking the side of James' body. "That's for betraying your own friends."

Soon enough, we hear the sirens of the ambulance. My mom looks down at me as she tries to hug me, "Everything's going to be okay now, " She says as she tries to hush me down. The paramedics came rushing inside the building to help Cayden.

While the police arrested James for kidnapping and attempted murder. James looks at me with sadness written all over his eyes, "I hope you can forgive me for what I did, " He says. Logan puts his arm around my shoulder and tries to pat my back. "Fuck you and your apology!" Logan shouts.

"Let's go after Cayden at the hospital. But the guys and I need to go to the Police station first, we'll catch up with you guys and we'll meet you there, okay?" Logan says and I nodded my head as we all went down the stairs and finally escaped the abandoned, scary building in the middle of nowhere.

I hopped in the ambulance as I saw my mom get inside of her own car, probably. Logan and Noah went inside a car and started driving opposite of where the ambulance is going. I looked at Cayden as the paramedics do their job on keeping Cayden alive.

I grabbed Cayden's hand and took a good squeeze as I keep on crying silently. "Stay with me."

***

We arrived at the hospital. I was shaking as soon as they started rushing Cayden inside the operating room to remove the bullet from his stomach, as I sat down and wait patiently for the nurses and doctors to deliver the news about Cayden's condition.

My mom arrived on time and was sitting right beside me. We still haven't talked about Cayden and I's confession. I know it hurts for her but it hurts me more, knowing that the person I finally opened up my heart to was going to be the person who's going to break my heart too.

I know that my mom is aware of my feelings towards Cayden. I told her before that he was my boyfriend when I saw him enter the Restaurant together with his little brother. If only she knew how torn I was when I found out about their engagement and the man she is about to get married to.