The Perfect Night

Lena and I have always been a little bit more than friends, she filled my office with roses for goodness sakes. Or the way she looks at me when we sit on the couch in her office and the way she bites her lip.

So, on a late, pizza and potsticker movie night with Lena, when the daze that comes at midnight. The one that makes kids and teens admit feelings and emits emotion, I looked down at the beautiful woman that lay on top of me, hugging my abdomen as we cuddle.

I moved my hand from its original spot of just on top of her shoulder blade and twirled her hair around my finger, while my other hand remained intertwined with hers.

Lena looked up at me and rests her chin on top of my stomach where she put her intertwined hands.

I looked deep into her beautiful, deep green eyes as she hums a gentle song.

"Lena?" I whispered.

"Yes darling?" She smoothly hummed.

"I love you.."

"As do I, sweety."

"Lena, I-I-I mean I really love you. Like the way Alex loves Mag...."

I was not able to finish my sentence because Lena had moved herself onto her knees and grabbed me by the neck and kissed me.

She kissed me softly. Soft like the way a mother kisses a newborn. But passionately, like when you hear the quiet kid in class talking about their favourite topic or when a drunk girl sings on a bar table like nobody is watching.

This kiss was all of these things in one kiss. It was magical, openly expressing all the emotions between us.

Soon enough Lena was straddling me and the kiss turned to hunger. A hunger for each other.

The months of tension all leading up to this beautiful moment of pure bliss.

I flipped Lena onto her back, switching spots with her. We stop to collect air. And then we are back to kissing.

Lena pulled back slightly, "Kar.." And I cut her of by placing kisses on her jawline.

"Kara," She pulls back, not wanting to, but wanting to say something.

"Yes?" I say as I stared at her lips.

"Eyes here just for a moment," She says as she points to her eyes. "Kara, I've loved you since the day you walked into my office with Clark. I love every date we've been on. I loved you even more when you told me you were Supergirl. You are my love, you are my hero, Kara Danvers. Would you be my girlfriend?"

I grabbed her face and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. "Of course I will Lena, you have become my home. Since Krypton's destruction I've been lost. But you have cleared my mind of the clutter and you make my life whole."

As the night progressed there became a trail of shirts, pants, socks, and underwear.

When morning came, Lena and I were intertwined with each other. Both awake. Not moving. Just listening.

Listening to the sounds of each other's hearts and the world waking up around us.