ten

"Alright so we got the chips, the...energy drinks god I've missed you guys–uhm...ah right! Griff wanted these ridiculously gross donuts, shouldn't even be called that you're a disgrace to them is what you are—yeah that's right donut phoney, I'm talking to you. Annnnd lastly we need the—"

"Excuse me, Miss is there something I can help you with?" A man in a green shirt and black apron asks, his clammy hands fidgeting with his sleeves where he sweats.

Dallas frowns, "I think I'm all good here." She looks at everything gathered in her arms, Rockstars, Cheetos, Doritos, the disgrace to human kind so called 'donuts', the—

"Oh actually...there is one thing!" She quips, she'd almost forgotten.

The mans face turns into a forced smile, his hair begs to breathe and cries losing its battle to stay cool. "Anything specific?"

She uses the goofy kind of smile that she has when she's carefree and generally happy with how the day has been going so far, no ones bothered her, she's in a new city, has met a new friend, acquaintance? Griffin says that's all Jay is, but Dallas argued with him that once you jump a building with a guy they're your friend. The positives come in happy waves, filling her with pure happiness.

"Where do you keep your candy at?"

Dallas followed the man and managed a box of Nerds and Sour Patch Kids on top of the junk bundle in her arms, and while she's checking out she hears commotion outside. Leaning back she can't see anything, but she hands the cashier her money and takes her items.

"Keep the change. Thank you!"

There was a short cut down this alleyway she thought she remembered, it would in theory save her approximately 5 minutes of walking back to the car. She takes it because those 5 very useful minutes she gains back will be spent eating and drinking the new snacks she just got. They were much easier to take back with them being bagged and all.

In between buildings there wasn't any people, she figures that New York residents stay inside all day, with a day job or something. There hasn't been another kid since Jay that she's seen out either. Back in Malibu it was highly possible that you'd see a abandoned or runaway kid just chilling and hanging about the streets. Less people means more time to yourself, she figures.

The puddles on the concrete where it had been broken in bits and caved in to allow the water to form were seeping into the now very known holes in her sneakers. She would need to buy new socks as well as shoes soon. They squashed and squished each step she took, an annoying sound that was quick to hop on nerves. A upcoming puddle ripples with waves and Dallas pauses her walk, she looks up looking for the cause.

A robot (similar to the Iron Man ones) had flown down, its mask passive and one hand raised in a passive I'm not going to hurt you, it still freaked Dallas out enough for her to step back in caution. The robot only moved forward,  landing and standing a few inches taller than her.

"I am here to help." It keeps repeating.

Dallas eyes it, "Okay...?"

These things are usually out patrolling in the night, she saw them doing it last night, there hasn't been one seen in the daylight and if Jay was telling the truth they only come if there is danger and the city needs to evacuate. She also wasn't too sure on why else it would be there to help her.

"I'm just going to—" she tries walking around it, it only reaches and grabs her wrist instead, the eye slits turn blue and something scans her face.