Chapter 66

Christofer Luca Santobello was watching me dance...

My heartbeat accelerated. A sickening feeling twisted in my gut and I wanted to run off the stage right there and then. I wasn't self-conscious before but now, with his eyes on me, I felt naked.

For a spilt second, I was paralyzed. I didn't know how to move or what to do. But I regained control over my shock and continued to move. The beat became stronger as I understood the meaning of the song.

Christofer was testing me, wasn't he? He had grown suspicious over my knowledge about the clubs. Perhaps, he still didn't believe me fully. Was our whole adventure a game to him? Was it a way to get closer to me and get information out of me? He wanted to know If I was a stripper huh?

That made sense. The change of the song. It must have been his order. They don't use this song in regular places. It was an order. He wanted to know how I'd react to it. He needed to know If I was a...stripper.

I couldn't mask the hurt I felt. I felt angry too. If that's what he wanted to see then he would. I would dance according to this song. And after I finished dancing I would walk away with pride and continue my game with Mr. Santobello.

My eyes roamed over the room and stopped on him. Christopher was no exception. He could be the most dangerous Mafia Boss in this goddamn world. But he was just a man. A man who took interest in women. And I would show him all I had. A small smirk appeared on my face as I got my hands on the pole.

Never in my life would I think I'd be doing this dance. My body swayed as I made a circle around the pole. And then with the beat my legs wrapped around the pole as I brought my body up. Christofer's eyes widened. I spun around the pole using my arms only. My legs twirling in the air.

Everyone turned quiet. They didn't expect this masterpiece, did they? His dark scrutinizing
look made me want to duck down but I kept my chin up. My body slid down the pole as the song ended. A few seconds later all I could hear was the heavy clapping. I didn't turn back to look at the crowd of men gaping at my abilities.

"You did wonderful, Gabby. But we're fucked. Christofer came a day earlier. He had been watching the whole dance" Felix said the second I stepped out of the stage.

"I know, I saw him," I muttered.

"We need a few minutes to drag his unconscious body. Can you-"

"Leave it to me. I'll deal with Chris" I answered. With a deep breath, I walked towards Christofer who was sitting on the couch. An unfamiliar expression on his face.  I wanted to turn away and leave. It was painful for me to look into his eyes knowing he must have used me. Or knowing that he thinks I'm a simple whore. A stripper.

To hide my pain and sadness I plastered a fake smirk. His eyes stopped on me as I sat down next to him.

"Gab-" He started to talk. I brought my finger up and pressed it against his mouth in a 'shushing' manner.

"Did you like my dance?" I asked him as I took my fingers away. He said nothing. I took the cup of whiskey from his hands and brought it towards my mouth, taking a sip. His eyes scanned the action. My lips were right where his were.

"I thought I was clear about you staying undercover," He said harshly as he snatched the cup away from my hands and carelessly dropped it on the table. I had to refrain from frowning. So now he pretended to care about me. What a good game.

"And I thought I was clear about not caring" I smiled at him. I stood up and walked towards the bar where me and Boris were sitting a few minutes ago. The bartender knew what to do. Immediately he handed me my drink.

"Don't fucking talk to me that way" Christofer's voice appeared behind me as his fingers enclosed around my wrist making me flinch.

"Let go of me," I said calmly. He studied my face with the same soul-crushing look and then let go.

"Cheer's to you" I saluted with a smirk as I brought the cup toward's my lips. I drowned the whole cup of whiskey in a chug and rolled the cup back to the bartender, signaling for a new one.

Christofer looked back at the bartender with the scariest look I have ever seen and then back at me.

"What have you been doing?" He clenched his jaw in anger. Strangely I found him freakishly attractive when he did that.

"Working" I whispered as my fingers moved over to his chest. I brought my fingers up and down seductively. My fingers moved to unbutton his tux but he stopped me.

"Stop it" He warned me. I frowned.

"Why? You don't like it when I do this?" I mocked as my mouth went towards his ear. My lips connected to his earbole as I bit it. He jerked his head back his fingers stopped on my shoulders to keep me back.

"Gabriella," He warned.

"Yes, love" I purred the alcohol getting the best of me. I connected my fingers with his as I put his hands away from me. I moved closer to him and wrapped my hands around his neck. I would show him a real whore. If he liked me better that way. If he thought I was a slut then maybe for him I would be one. I stared into his eyes and something flashed in them. I moved my mouth closer to his face.

He broke our eye contact and lightly pushed me away. The hurt was present on my face. Even though I was drunk it still hurt. Did he really hate me so much that he couldn't even look at me? Was I that bad? Was I so bad that he couldn't even take advantage of me? Was I that unattractive?

I let my hands slid down his back and took a step back. He followed the action.

"Fine" I scoffed.

"Your drunk" He muttered.

"No. That's not what's stopping you" I shook my head. He raised an eyebrow.

"Gabriella-" He started to talk.

"You don't want to dirty your hands with a slut like me" I chuckled softly. His eyes widened.

"Wh-" Again I cut him off.

"But don't worry. That's fine with me. I still think you are hot. I still want you. I'm a regular whore right? I'll do anything to get in your pants" I laughed causing him to frown.

"Don't you fucking say that again" He warned as his fingers tightened around my wrist. I scoffed.

"Don't call yourself, that" He warned again. More serious this time. My smirk disappeared. He started to drag me away and I struggled.

"Where are you taking me, Mr. Santobello? Are we going to hook up?" I mocked. My head spun and I stumbled to my feet.

"Stupid heels" I muttered as Christofer let go of my wrist. I crouched down and took my heels off. I tried to walk but everything seemed to move clockwise and I stumbled.

Christofer's fingers were quick to enclose around my bare waist. I felt goosebumps appear against his touch. With an agitated sigh, he wrapped his arms around my body and scooped me up. Almost like an instinct, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Where are you taking me?" I slurred drunkenly.

"Home. You're fucking wasted" He answered.

"I'm not. I'm up for some fun" I argued as he took me out of the club. My fingers moved over his face as I caressed his cheek. He stiffened.

"Why don't you pay attention to me? You like all this other whore's why not me?" I slurred like a little child. His jaw clenched as his body stiffened.

"Will you stop?" He snapped at me.

"Stop what?" I questioned.

"Stop fucking torturing yourself, Gabriella" He exclaimed.