Chapter 40: Broken Without You

Isabella could feel Angelina warming up to her, she was glad that the awkward air between them was slowly fading away. Isabella and Seth were still at the Anderson mansion, Seth was playing video games in the game room with Carson, Thiago and Gabriel while Isabella was in the living room with Valerie.

"So what's the deal with Thiago?" Isabella asked plopping a cherry in her mouth

"Nothing, what about him?" Valerie said, they were warming up to each other very nicely, it made Isabella miss Ellie.

"I could feel the sexual tension on the dining table" She smirked and Valerie threw a pillow at her which made Isabella laugh

"There is nothing between us okay? Get this thought out of your mind. He is just an annoying piece of shit who loves to make me suffer" Valerie remarked, a faint blush creeping her neck which didn't go unnoticed by Isabella

"Sure" she snorted and rolled her eyes playfully "What are you girls talking about?" Seth asked as he came in the living room, Thiago and Carson following behind. Valerie's eyes widened and she gave Isabella a look of warning to not tell them.

"Nothing, just some stuff" Isabella smiled and pecked his cheek "It's getting late, we should head home"

They bid their goodbyes to everyone and left the house. The ride back home was quiet but comfortable giving Isabella time to appreciate and be thankful for this day, how her life had changed and how far they both had came together. Sometimes it bothers her when she imagines what her life would've been without Seth and all the people related to him. Her mouth instantly turned into a smile.

"You look happy" Seth broke the silence and placed his left hand on top of hers.

"I am happy" She kissed his hand. She wanted to tell him how much she loved her and how much he meant to her but she never really got the chance to confess.

"We should go out on a date tomorrow" She said, feeling confident all of a sudden. Seth looked surprised for a bit but agreed nonetheless.

"Sure, where do you want to go?" He asked pulling up in front of the building.

"Um, how about we watch a nice movie and then go for dinner?" Isabella said excitedly. They left the car and walked inside the building.

"Typical" Seth laughed brushing his nose against hers once they were inside the elevator

"Oh we can totally go to a karaoke bar" Isabella giggled at the expression on his face.

"Or I can rent a boat for the day and we can have boat dinner" Seth said pulling her inside the house.

"Romantic" She said, raising her eyebrows.

They ended the night in each other's arms, wrapped around in a blanket and watching The Notebook. Isabella could swear she saw a single tear falling out of Seth's right eye and made sure to tease him about that later.

Isabella had an off on saturday so it was easy for her to go dress shopping for the evening with Ellie. Seth was busy doing some work in the study, she told him that she was going out for shopping and left at 1 p.m.

Ellie was already outside Seth's building when Isabella reached there. Her eyes covered with shades and her head slowly moving to the loud music playing on the radio. She didn't notice Isabella until she turned off the radio and was creepily smiling at her.

"Jeez, Bella you scared me!" Isabella just fluttered her eyelashes

"Stop doing that, you look creepy" Ellie muttered before bursting into laughter

"I missed you so much, my Ellie bear" Isabella attacked Ellie in a hug, they were going out together after such a long time.

"I missed you too" Ellie returned back the hug tightly