Graduation.

Nervousness has became my bestfriend today

Nervousness has became my bestfriend today.  It just wasn't leaving me.  My throat was clogged and goosebumps erupted on my body as I entered the graduation hall with Riya.  The entire hall was formally decorated and chairs were lined up everywhere.  The stage lit up with various lights and tables and chairs were arranged for the guests and chief guests.

"Oh my god!  We're  going to graduate. We are going to be lawyers in the next thirty minutes" Riya said excitedly.  She was literally jumping on her feet.

I laughed at her antics and said,
"I can't believe, I did it" 

"You freaking topped in the district,  Rishita!  I'm  sooooooo proud of you " Riya hugged me.

"Why do you get to hug Riri all the time?"  Neel's  voice boomed.

"Because she is my best friend? " Riya said raising her eyebrow.

"Well she is my best friend first!  I am supposed to hug her first.  So please excuse me" He pushed Riya away and hugged me like a bear.

"I'm  soo proud of you Riri" Neel whispered in my ear.

"Thankyou Neel" I smiled.  "Thankyou for everything "

"I'm  sorry but I couldn't  get Ayush. We both tried our best,  but your parents are freaking asshole" He said looking disappointed.

"It's  fine.  I'm  glad you came"

"Guys,  My parents are here,  you'll  have a seat,  I'll  just meet them and come.  I'll  introduce you'll  to them after the ceremony " She exclaimed and ran towards the her parents direction.

"You know,  just tell her that you like her. You both are like soo freaking cute" I said giving a slight punch to Neel.

"shutup.  Anyways,  have you prepared your speech? " He asked as we took our seats.

"Yeah I guess.  I'm  soo nervous Neel.  I mean what if I stutter or stumble with words. Why did the H.O.D asked me to give a speech? " I was frustrated now.

"Hey, Hey,  you'll  be fine okay.  Just be confident "

I nodded and looked around.  Everyone were talking to their family. All the students had a smile on their face and I could see a glint of proud in every parent's eyes.
This broke my confidence even more.  Only Neel came from my side.  My parents haven't  even called me in four months to know how am I?  Or if I am alive?  A pang hurt shot through my chest as I absorbed the happiness in the surrounding.  Neel was about to ask me what happened but then the graduation ceremony started.

After all the long speeches by the guest of honor and principal, The degrees were given to the students.

"I am really proud to give this degree and the coat to the most amazing student and the topper of this year, please put your hands together for Advocate Rishita Arora"