Story 1.8

'True antagonist?!'

[Host is correct, the prince is the antagonist]

'And why didn't you tell me?'

[Because Host didn't ask]

'I thought you would think for yourself...Wait...I feel like I've already said this before! So, why is the prince suddenly the antagonist? Don't tell me because the protagonist wasn't Cinderella, the male lead changed as well?'

[My Host is so smart!]

'System...how would you like to die?'

[Host is scary...]

'Aren't you sup-'

[WARNING - Host is advised to save the protagonist immediately, failure can cause massive plot damage]

'Dammit not again. This @#$%!?#%$ world!!! For the next world, I'm definitely going to change systems!!!' Lan Youzheng jumped up and broke the peaceful atmosphere. "Lan-lan, what's wrong?" Felix asked worriedly after he saw the little boy frowning. 

Lan Youzheng didn't hear him as he ran to the palace to find the protagonist, Felix quickly followed him inside. Lan Youzheng went to the ballroom. Everyone was still dancing, but the main couple had disappeared.

'Where is the protagonist?'

[System will start scanning the palace]

Suddenly, the green arrows appeared above some of the girls.

'System, what does this mean?!'

[System has no idea, apparently they are plot relevant]

'So helpful.'

'How's the scan coming along?'

[Scanning...45%]

"Lan-lan!!!" While Lan Youzheng was examining the ball room, Felix finally caught up. He wrapped his arms around this little boy, wishing he could take away is anxiousness. "Lan-lan, what's wrong?" "Stella." Lan Youzheng snapped. "She's in danger." He squeezed himself out of the man's arms and hurried towards the balcony. However he was unable to find the protagonist.

 However he was unable to find the protagonist

Stella was scared and tired. Her body hurt. The last few days had been very taxing. Her Mistress had been preparing for the royal ball and she constantly ordered her around, making sure she would become the crown princess. Ever since her Mistress discovered she could use magic, her orders become even more extreme.

A few days ago, she was ordered to teleport the most famous designers from the kingdom, so that they could make Cinderella's gown. After that she had to clean the estate, make diner and fix the carriage. For the first time in her life Stella experienced magic depletion.

She knew her Mistress was cruel, after all she killed her own sisters. But she fiercely believed her mother's words. Everybody has kindness. Cinderella was only treating her like this because she was lonely. Stella could understand how her Mistress felt, when her mother died she was lonely as well. Stella promised herself to not let her Mistress feel like she once did.