Chapter 1- The Gates Of Hell

The dress.

It was cold.

Colder than I could ever imagine. Every inch of my body was shivering against the freakishly cold wind. My heartbeat was accelerating. I was afraid. I tried to look around myself but I saw nothing. There was no light. No darkness either. Just emptiness.

I felt the tears dwell up in my eyes as I tried to remember what happened. I tried to remember the reason as to why I was here. Inside my mind there was nothing. Blankness. Blurry imagines of things that didn't make sense. I remembered nothing about my identity or as to why I was even here. All I knew was my name. Amara. 

The only things swirling in my mind were that I was an immortal. And that I was at the gates of hell. The cold wind blew through the darkness, making me wrap my arms around myself in order to warm myself up. 

I turned around with a sudden jolt as I heard footsteps. And then almost like a flash of light gates taller than the sky itself opened, leaving me breathless. The air around me went shrill as I took a step back.

Someone stepped out of the darkness and it's petrifying red eyes was all I could see. I gasped at the demon. I wanted to run but I knew my doom was here.

Oh, My Goodness...

The demon walked closer to me and I tried not to look at it. My stomach dropped as I felt it's claws wrapped around my arm.

"What a beautiful thing you are," The demon's deep voice appeared in my ear. I closed my eyes tightly.

"Afraid of me?" He asked me. I tried not to move. Afraid that he'd claw my body in half if I even made a wrong movement. 

"Yes," I whispered.

"Well, look at you. You look heaven sent" The demon chuckled. I opened my eyes and I tried to keep myself steady. The word heaven rang a bell in my head. I just didn't know why. His fingers tightened around my arm as he started dragging me towards the gates. 

Agonizingly hot air surrounded us. It was hard to breathe. Burning your flesh and torturing you from the inside. My mouth fell open as I saw the place. Horrifying creatures all around us. Endless suffering and pain. Flames upon flames and screams of pure torture.

"Is this where you collect all the dead?" I questioned shakily. My eyes went up and for the first time, I saw the demon. Its dark red ripped flesh made me take a step back in fear. His black horns made him look even more terrifying. His face was normal. Red but with normal human features. If not for the freaky red eyes and razor-sharp teeth.

"No. Only supernatural beings appear through the gates. You aren't human" He spoke making me gulp.

"I don't-" I stuttered.

"I don't remember what happened. I don't know who I was" I muttered. 

"We will make you remember" He muttered motioning towards the hundreds of poor souls screaming in eternal agony. I shook my head in fear.

"No. I haven't sinned. I haven't done anything!" I begged the demon, afraid that he was going to take me straight to my death. The hot air blew around us making the long wing-like silky sheer arms of my dress fly up. They looked like wings. 

"That's for him to decide" The demon answered making me gasp.

"Human souls are collected separately. They appear straight in their special hell's. Doing whatever they were destined too" He said as he dragged me away from the horror. He moved straight toward's the horrifying castle.

"What do you mean?" I asked him shakily.

"Every soul. Every human has its own guilt. If sent here then for they have sinned" He answered.

"I don't understand what you meant as their special hell. " I questioned as he walked me straight into the fire. I screamed in fear knowing the fire must burn me but I felt nothing. No pain.

"Interesting" He muttered as he continued to drag me. I gasped in horror.

"Everyone is guilty of something. A murder perhaps. A human has murdered his wife. And in hell he shall murder his wife for all eternity, hearing her sobs and agony forever" He smirked.

"That's horrible!" I gasped.

"They deserve it all!" He tightened his hold on my arm making me bite my lip.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned in fear as we came to a stop in front of another pair of gates. The gates opened as the demon pushed me in. I turned back towards him in fear only to see air instead of the gates that were there a second ago.

Where was I?

The burst of flames was what I heard as I turned around.