There is only, One

"Superior, are we letting the anomalies go?" Asked Three

"No" One said with a sly grin "But, when humans think they aren't being watched, they get sloppy"

The two agents of the Organisation strolled down a bright white corridor with many doors on either side. They stopped by a door which held 2 individuals. One wearing a black suit, much like Ones, and another man, wearing a lab coat hunched over, tied to a chair.

"Any progress, Three?" One asked

"Yes actually, we have successfully extracted his theories. But, he says he has an ethical responsibility to share it" Three responds

"Unfortunate, eliminate him."

"What will become of his discoveries?"

"Well, from what I understand, it's almost Pseudoscience, give them to Albert, tell him to release this theory in around 5 or 6 years. The Theory of Relativity, laughable."

"Affirmative"

The pair turned, and they continue down the corridor. They eventually reached the end of the corridor which housed 2 very large metal doors. To the right of the door was a finger print reader, many years before there should have been one. Three placed her thumb onto the device and after a few moments the doors began to unlock and open.

The pair walked slowly into the dark room and stopped in the very centre. The room appeared to be circular, but other than the bright yellow light shining on to the pair, there was complete darkness. After a few moments, 4 screens appeared from the darkness to show the images of 4 individuals, 3 women and 1 man.

"One, mission report!" Said the woman on the right most screen

"We have been watching a group on anomalies traverse the country for a few days. After first contact, it is clear they possess knowledge and most definitely, advanced equipment." One replies

"And why is it that we do not possess those things as we speak, One?" Said the man on the left middle screen

"On initial contact, it was impossible to know their capabilities. They have an individual with them who is highly trained and had techniques we had not and could not predict"

"Disappointing One, how do you plan to resolve this?" Asked the most left screen

"The next stage will commence soon, I give you my word, you will be pleased"

"You have never let us down before, One. But failure is not an option, and I'm sure the Woman at your side would jump at the chance to take your seat..." Said the woman on the right most screen

One did not make any sign of discomfort at being undermined or threatened. He was as calm as he ever was. Confident in the fact that he would have what he desired soon enough.

"You may leave..."

The screens disappeared, and the door unlocked and opened again behind them. The pair walked out, the same direction they had come in and continued back down the corridor. Three cleared her throat and touched One on the shoulder. They both stopped in the hallway and One turned to face her.

"Superior, no matter what the Council says, I would never..." Three says, interrupted

"I know, Three. You are the most ferociously loyal person I have ever met. I do not look over my shoulder expecting a knife from you" One replies

"Thank you, Superior"

"But..."

"Yes, Superior"

"If you ever decide that my shadow is no longer a place you would like to dwell, I will bury you with the rest of them"

Three stood there shook, not knowing whether to say yes sir or to stay silent. She knew that One had no respect for the Council. He only respected field work, the Council were pen pushers with far too much power in his opinion. Inside this building, he was number one as his name suggests. But in the entirety of the Organisation, the Council were supreme.

They reached the other end of the corridor. Two burley men let them out of the door and into an underground passage. They approached a vehicle which was years beyond the available transport of this era and sat inside.

"Superior, can I know the plan?" Three asked

"Simple, find them, capture them"

"How, Superior?

"I had to give the Council something, but I did not give them everything. From preliminary checks on the vessel we found in Southampton, it is clear to see that it had travelled through Space."

"Space!?" Three shouted

"Yes, Space." He said with a scowl in her direction

"Sorry, Superior"

"Those fools in their have no idea about anything, to give them the abilities that we will attain from these people would be insane. I'm a lot of things Three, but insane isn't one of them"

"Understood, Superior. I'm with you no matter what"

"That would be, satisfactory, Three"

One took a moment to stare aimlessly out of the window in the vehicle in deep thought. He placed his left hand inside of his pocket to pull out a cigarette and a lighter. He sparked the cigarette and took four very long puffs. He then shut his eyes and opened them, staring at Three.

"The only logical reason for them to leave their vessel behind as they travelled hundreds of miles would be that it is currently incapable of moving, or totally malfunctional"

"Yes, Superior"

"Logic would also dictate that they would try to fix that issue."

"Yes, Superior"

"We need to head back to Birmingham, there is a professor there, currently working on Nuclear properties"

"Superior?"

"They could be trying to find a new fuel source, we must stop them"

"Affirmative, Driver! To Birmingham University"