New Faces

Chyna watched as Cap and Robert E

Chyna watched as Cap and Robert E. helped tend to Clint. "This aint good, not at all." Cap muttered as he finished wrapping Clints leg. "Heh, my leg or the situation?" Clint asked. "Your leg is fine...its whats goin on thats bad..." Cap muttered.

"And what would be going on?" Anse voice echoed through the room. Robert E. paled while Chyna and Clint tried looking everywhere but at Anse. "....boys come after me today is all." Cap said quickly. "Right, come after you. So whys my worker gotta bullet in his leg?" Anse asked. "Oh aint no lead in there no more me an Cap - ow!" Robert E. rubbed his ribs were Cap had elbowed him.

"He helped me." Was all Cap could think so say. Chyna watched Anse carefully, noticing he was hidding something behind his back.

"Is that so huh?" Anse asked, a displeased hint in his voice. He pulled out a bright frightening mask from behind his back. "So this...it isn't familiar is it?" Anse growled. Chyna clenched her jaw and glanced at Cap who swallowed hard. "I aint nev-"

"Do not lie to me boy, it wont help you." Anse said darkly closing the distance between he and his son. "you will tell me how it really happened." Anse ordered.

"William Anderson Hatfield!" Levicy shouted as she rushed in the house with Cotton on her heels, the shouting and arguing had drawn them inside from the clothesline where she had been hanging the wash. "Would ya jus' stop it Pa!" Cap yelled from the bottom of the stairs, watching Anse throw his clothes down down at him.

"No, you will not tell me to stop nothing in my house. Now, we tolerated you stayin' past the week you asked for. But I will not allow you and your. Nigger to lead this family into anymore trouble than we already got!" Anse raged.

"Anderson!" Levicy shouted glancing at Chyna and Clint who were all but hiding in the corner of the room. Cotton walked to stand at Chyna's side, he was confused all all the fighting that was going on inside the family was starting to worry him. "You will stop messing'up my house! I had it clean!" Levicy said standing at Cap's side. Anse chucked a number of books down the steps. "Take your fancy books and all your stuff and get out -or you get wise now and send Chyna on with Clint and let her live life where she belongs." Anse said, Cap caught the large black law book as it came flying towards him.

He looked at all his things laying at his feet on the floor and then leered at his father. "Fair enough" Cap said clearly, turning on his heel. He walked towards Chyna, her heart raced and in the quiet that had settled in the room a speck of fear planted in her.

Cap handed his Law book to Clint, the two looked each other deep in the eyes and slowly Clint started to smile. In a quick movement, Cap lifted Chyna up, out of instinct her arms wraped around his neck as he swung her so he could carry her on his back.

Cap then turned to look at his Father, Anse held a sour but baffed look on his face. The corners of Levicy's mouth twitched as she faught back a smile. "All packed, I'll need a day to settle in our cabin. But I promis, Ma, I'll be back to help you move out to the hills." said Cap before heading towards the door, leaving all else at the floor of the stairs.