Reader x Weiss ~ Freezing

This will be a bit of a shorter chapter, I guess. Oh and I intentionally meant to leave out male reader. Because this was originally a yuri AU of Weiss and a more depressed Ruby that I came up with back in January when I wad going thru a hectic period in life.

But it can be from either gender perspective. This may seem a bit weird, but I just really neede to write this for some reason.

"It's so cold." I said quietly as I continued my walk through the Forever Falls with nothing but a hoodie on. I had my hands in my pocket to hide them from the cold around me. The land around me was covered in inches of white snow.

It reminded me so much about her.

Weiss Schnee.

My only friend.

"Hey Y/n, when we grow up, let's get married." A young girl said to me. She had snow white hair that complimented her sapphire eyes. She had on a blue dress. "Sure, why not Weiss." I said. The 7 year old infront of me grinned.

'That was 10 years ago.' I thought to myself as I stared up in the sky. The stars shone brightly above, illuminating the dark blue sky. "You've grown so much in that amount of time." I said quietly, my breath heating up the wind near my mouth. "You were so meek back then, wanting to become a huntress and become a hero like the ones in your story books."

"Y/n, I'm so happy." Weiss said, years of joy streaming down her face. She had just recieved her entrance exam results from Beacon and she passed with flying colors. She could finally fulfill her dream of becoming a huntress. "I'm happy for you Weiss. And guess what?" I said, flashing a letter infront of Weiss. "We're going to Beacon together." I said happily. Weiss gave me the same grin she gave me all those years back.

"I was an idiot Weiss. I should've told you sooner how I really felt about you." I said to myself. I was approaching a small lake at the edge of the forest. I spotted a boulder near the edge of the lake and I sat down. "I waited too long."

"Y/n, I need your help." Weiss said to me. We were both in her team dorm room. "What do you need?" I asked lazily while playing around with a pencil. We were trying to do Professor Port's homework, which was really just us writing down the 'achievments' he has performed. "Well you know that the Vytal Prom is next week right?" Weiss said, sounding a little bit panicked. "Yeah." "Well." Weiss stammered for a bit. "I need help in getting Neptune to the dance with me." Weiss said quickly. I froze. How could I forget. The Vytal prom. I had been anticipating this thing so that I could ask Weiss out. I felt myself go rigid.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Weiss asked, concerned. "Yeah. Just surprised that you wanted to go with Neptune of all people." I lied. I honestly felt a bit sad that Weiss wanted to go with Neptune to the dance.

I cracked a small smile at this memory and then frowned. I had to 'persuade' Neptune into going with Weiss to the dance.

"What do you mean you don't want to go to the dance with Weiss?" I asked slightly annoyed. "I just can't man." Neptune said dejectedly. "Well why the hell not?" I asked, my temper almost reaching a boiling point. "It's just, I can't dance alright." Neptune said sheepishly while scratching the back of his head. This line pissed me off. I grabbed Neptune by the collar and pulled him close to me.

"Say that again." I said menacingly. "Woah. Calm down dude." Neptune said, looking both startled and a little scared. "So you don't want to go to the prom because you can't dance?" I said in the same menacing tone before letting go of Neptune's collar."How petty."  I said

"Look Y/n, that's a serious problem for me. I'd looked like a fool if people saw. me not knowing how to dance." Neptune protested. "And don't you think the same thing for Weiss?" I asked. "What?" "Haven't you considered how much more of a fool Weiss must be looking like since she's just standing there downstairs while waiting for you?"

I was frustrated. Hell, forget about Neptune, I could have just danced with Weiss instead but I knew she really had been waiting for the guy to dance with her. She even bought an expensive dress just for this prom. I leaned on the balcony, letting the cool wind whip past my face.  "Just consider
how she must be feeling." I said to Neptune.

I remember how happy she looked when Neptune asked her to dance. She smiled sweetly at him. The same way she would smile at me.The same way she might have smiled at me had I been in Neptune's place. I felt my scroll vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that I had just recieved a message from Weiss.

Y/n, I'm sorry about what I said earlier.

I stood up, staring at my scroll, suddenly reminiscing the events from earlier.

"Me, selfish?" I said aloud to Weiss. We were having a quarell because she wanted me to secretly accompany her to her first date with Neptune. She had called me selfish for declining.  "Y/n come on. I might look like an idiot if I do something wrong there. I need you like some kind of secret wingman." Weiss begged. "Look Weiss, I'm sorry but I just can't help you with that." I said.

"Arrghh you're so useless Y/n." Weiss snapped. I froze. Upon realizing what she said, Weiss instantly regreted it.
She knew how hard those words were to me. My parent's once said that I would amount into nothing and even back in the primary combat school, people always said that I was a waste of life.

All of those taunts and sneers had caused me to have a very low self-esteem issues and even once had the bullying gone extreem and I got beaten up. Naturally, being told you were worse than shit for most of your life by even your parents no less would have made me develop severe anti-social behaviour and a darker view in life.

But hearing it come from my best friend made tears start to form in my eyes. "Y/n,  I'm sorr-"

I didn't let Weiss finish her sentence as I stormed out of  her team dorm, nowhere in mind to go to but away from here.

I looked over her message again and decided to send her a voice mail.

"Hey Weiss, it's me, Y/n. If you're wondering where I am right now, it doesn't matter. Nothing will for me after this anyway. I'm really sorry Weiss. I've always been a burden to you. You couldn't make friends back at Atlas because of me. I always held you back. But you won't have to worry about me holding you back anymore. Just promise me something Weiss.

Live your life to the fullest. Experience everything you can in this life. And let your dreams come true, because life isn't worth living without dreams. Promise me that Weiss.

Thank you for everything. I love you."

I sent the voice mail to Weiss and placed my scroll gently on the boulder I sat on. I then began to pick up rocks from the edge of the lake and the ground surronding me. I then shoved each stone, the size of a child's fist into my pockets and jacket pocket. I placed stones in them until they were full.

Not satisfied yet, I placed a few more stone in the inner part of my hood and even in my shoes, despite the discomfort. Discomfort didn't matter anyway.

I then walked over to the lake and stared at the lake, seeing my reflection looking back at me. I was weak. I was playing right into what those people said abouy me

Useless, worthless, stupid, weak, waste of space, freak.

Every single insult they had ever thrown at me started playing themselves in my head.

"You're so pathetic Y/n, why are you even trying?"

"Why do you even do anyhting? You're making a fool out of yourself. Just do us all a favor and die."

"You're so useless Y/n" 

Weiss voice ringed the loudest in my head. I looked at the waters of the lake one last time, a look of dertermination in my face.  No longer would I be tormented by anyone.The last thing I heard before jumping into the lake was my scroll ringing.

The water was freezing cold. Many times colder than I had expected. My lungs was slowly filling with water as I sunk deeper into the lake. For once in a long time, I smiled a genuine smile before my chest began to fill with more freezing water & everything became darkness.

So what do you think? As usual, do comment on what you thought about this and point out any flaws here so I may improve. That's all the time we have in this chapter.

PhantomRen out