21: No More Pop Tarts

Chapter 21: No More Pop Tarts

Lucas*

"No," Ace hesitated as he leaned against the toilet, "No I don't have food poisoning."

"Tell that to your vomiting, pale and sweaty face." I listed.

"Okay smartass, maybe I do, but I will be fine."

"Nope, we are taking you to the hospital to get you checked up." I helped him onto his feet after wiping his mouth and making sure he stopped puking.

I guided him to the reception, signing us out to the hospital and texted the group where we were headed.

"What were in those cookies, man?" I revved up the engine in my car since Ace doesn't let anyone touch his.

"Sugar, flour, eggs, mi-"

"Aside from that." I pulled out of the parking lot and driving to the nearest hospital.

I asked Siri where it was.

"I don't know, when the girl came up to me, she looked sort of scared." Ace put his sunglasses on and shrunk into the seat, hiding for the sunlight.

"From what?"

"I don't know. I'm not psychic," he rolled down the windows too, "What's with all the questions anyway?"

"I'm just curious to see if someone is here to kill the President's son."

If it hadn't already, the remaining colour left his face when he realise I could be right.

"It could just be lik-"

He stopped me, "No it won't, it's not going to happen. Not again."

We stayed silent the whole ride to the hospital, reminiscing on the event that happen just less than 3 years ago.

I parked and locked the car, then we headed into the hospital with Ace looking paler than before.

His sunglasses covered his tired eyes from the attention seeking paparazzi. We walked straight past their cameras and held our microphones, hiding our faces behind our hands.

When we got inside, they shortly realised who Ace was before sending him into a doctor's room and the man at the desk even handed him a sick bucket out of pity.

"Here again, Ace?" A woman with a clipboard entered the room, barley giving us a glance.

"Nice to see you too, Mariah." Ace gave her a meek smile and laid down on the reclinable bed like it was a routine.

"Dr. Roman to you." She shook her head.

"Can you tell me what the problem is with me now so I can go home and watch Netflix?"

"I'm gonna take longer just because you said that."

Ace made a face while Dr. Roman/ Mariah asked him some questions about what happened. She ran some test to see what she could do.

"Okay so it is definite that you have food poisoning," She confirmed, "However, we do not know what caused it."

I furrowed my brows, what does that mean?

"We can't give you anything like a prescribed medicine but we can give you instructions to take it away and if you actually follow them," she gives Ace a look, "It should be gone in around 1 or 2 days."

"Okay hit me with it."

"You can't hit someone with words," I causally shrugged.

"How would you like it if I threw a dictionary or any book at your head then?"