30

~30~

Clara finished tying her hair up into a high ponytail. Since they were going under cover, she wore a pair of black jeans and an olive green loose shirt with a dark brown leather jacket. She put her iron bracelets on, knowing she would need them when they found Rumlow. She sat in the jet and waited for the others to join her.

"No Tony?" Natasha asked as she joined her friend.

"He's giving a speech at MIT. Won't be back for a few days," Clara answered.

"You're gonna be okay, right?" Steve asked, walking into the jet.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Clara's asked, flashing Steve a confused look. Natasha smirked before she went to the front of the jet and started it up. Clara stood and Steve took her hand in his before sighing.

"I don't know, I guess with you being my girlfriend, it's made a a little protective." Steve answered, an embarrassed smile forming on his lips.

"I didn't know we were giving each other titles," Clara smirked at him.

"What else would I call you?" Steve asked, raising his eyebrow for an answer.

"Beloved...Goddess...Love of Your Life, I mean the list goes on." The brunette smiled and laughed. "But girlfriend does have a nice ring to it." Steve and her shared a smile before they strapped in and took off.

***

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asked.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Clara said, a black hat and a pair of sunglasses hiding her true identity.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras." Wanda said. She was sitting three tables away from Clara.

"Both cross streets are one way," Steve said.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda asked.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, the red one? Had one like it when I was 20. It's cute." Clara said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," Natasha said.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda said.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha, making Wanda peer over her shoulder. Though she had been training for a year, Wanda still had a lot to learn.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked.

Clara turned to Natasha, her red curls shinning in the sun light. "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve said, he opened the curtain slightly to see what was going on outside.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates all of us." Sam said. He and Steve went on to talk about a garbage truck.

"Very reassuring," Clara replied.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed," Sam said.

Clara's eyes widened as she realized what was going on. "It's a battering ram."