Twenty Six 👀

DAMIEN

At least she is safe, but as we stand here, listening to Beth talk about what the witch told her, I can feel we are being watched.

"I won't have sex with some stranger. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," Zyn wraps his arms around her. "I wouldn't want you to do that anyway. We will figure something out."

"We should leave," I state. The alliance with witches can wait, or be gained somewhere else. This coven leader wants something I won't give. She would probably want me to get Beth to agree to their deal, but for my purpose. Not happening.

"Yeah, something doesn't feel right here," Alec states as Beth takes his hand and pulls Zyn gently with her.

We need to get away from here.

- - - - - - - - -

We walk, and walk, but with in an hour, we get no where. We have basically made a circle.

"Fuck," Alec grumbles, shaking his head. "This is why I hate witches."

"What do you mean?" Beth asks.

"We've been going in circles. This land is a witches home, and she's playing a trick on us. She won't let us leave."

I look up in the trees, at least we still have the night. But, we can't stay out here forever. Beth and I will grow hungry, not to mention that when the sun rises, Alec will burn to ashes.

The witch knows this ... she knows that Beth, if made desperate, will agree to anything.

Alec's life will be on the line.

"So what do we do to get out of her game?" Zyn asks, resting his hand against a tree.

"No clue," Alec growls in frustration.

"Maybe we can make a different deal?"

"She knows what she wants," I tell Beth, "all deals will ask for same payment."

Her face pales before she shakes her head quickly.

"Hey! Witch! Quit cowering in the shadows and come out and speak with us!!" Alec taunts. "Or have you grown so hideous you are scared to show yourself?"

The sound of a tree splintering tears through the silent night. I quickly dash, tackling Alec out the way as a thick old tree lands where he was standing.

He and I groan as we get back to our feet.

"Hey, I have an idea, lets not piss off someone with magic. Sound good?" Zyn rolls his eyes.

"I agree," I shoot Alec a glare.

"Well, unlike the three of you all. I can't just walk around the woods indefinitely."

"The sun," Beth's eyes widen.

I didn't want her to realize we were on a time line. Shit.

Think, think, think, damnit.

"We can dig a hole!" Zyn says quickly. A part of me is shocked at his quick thinking to help Alec, but he's thinking for Beth, not him.

He knows that if a mate bonded to dies, its like a part of the survivor dies with them. I guess I was lucky on that front at least. I didnt fully bond to my mates. I hesitated.

He undoes his jeans and starts taking off his shirt.

"I don't know if that will work," I state as he shifts down and starts digging at the ground.

We stand, watching, as dirt flies up behind him in thick clouds. He digs and digs, using his hybrid speed and strength ... but makes very little progress. Each time he stops, the ground fills back in.