chapter 15- Clash of good and evil

Ashleigh’s POV

He wanted me to be taken away from him. He didn’t need me as much as I needed him. But wasn’t going to cry because of a man, I was much stronger than that. Suddenly the Scarecrow’s strong arms wrapped round my waist. My back came in contact with the Scarecrows muscular chest, I shiver due to the close contact and the fact I was wearing a dress in the middle of autumn. But with this shiver The Scarecrow just held me tighter, the close contact made me think that he was just trying to make me happy with physical contact, but I still didn’t believe that he wanted me to stay, I was a liability. I sighed and tried to push myself away from the warm body of The Scarecrow. With every push Scarecrow just continued to constrict me with his muscular arms. I turned round in his arms and saw a fire, a passion I had never seen in his eyes before. I tried to ignore it but those eyes haunted me, I pushed against his chest, “Scarecrow let me go.” I pounded a fist onto his chest.

The Scarecrow sighed and loosened is arms round me, but he was still holding me. I looked up at his black eyes to see they were smouldering, like burning coals. I swallowed, and leaned against him, “Ashleigh, I would never want you to go. I couldn’t help sending a small taunting note to the Batman.” I nodded, and stepped away from the Scarecrow. I sighed and turned towards the pile of Harley’s old clothes, and picked them up and found a pain of tight jeans and a corset top. “Harley has invited me to join her Ivy and Catwoman.” I turned round to see a very hostile looking Scarecrow; he nodded and left the room, “what a strange man.”

I was tying up my hair when Harley entered the room, he skipped in rather giddily, “Hey Ash, there’s been a change in plans,” Harley paused so I could look at her, “Ashleigh you are going on your first heist tonight.” My mouth hung open like I was dumb. My first heist, this was insane. “Why am I going on the heist?” Harley laughed at my rather dazed looking face, and then answered, “because you were able to beat my puddin’ up really well, and well it would be nice to get to know you.” I smiled slightly, but I didn’t know why, they wanted to get to know me while on a heist. What could possibly go wrong?

Me, Harley, Ivy and Catwoman, sat on the roof of the Gotham city bank an all of us knew there wasn’t just money in that bank, “there’s deposits of gold silver and all kinds of precious stones just waiting to be bagged.” Catwoman couldn’t be more please with the find.  Haley was carrying her iconic hammer, Catwoman had her whip, ivy her plants and me, and well I had nothing. I looked down at my attire and thought I didn’t look as damaging and endearing as the other three did. I sighed and looked down at my weapon less hands, suddenly the three dangerous women standing beside me chuckled, and “hey Ashleigh don’t be glum.” Ivy said sweetly as Catwoman couldn’t stop laughing, “She didn’t think she’d get a weapon” I smiled slightly and the next then I knew Harley came up to me with two silver coloured knuckle dusters, and a belt filled with small close and far range weapons. I smiled up at Harley and saw she was smiling sinisterly down through the banks roof, “it’s show time girls.” We all nodded, I pulled on my small pointed black eye mask and, smiled with the feeling of amazing power.

I jumped first through the glass. The shattering of glass caused the bank guards to shield themselves; this gave Ivy, Catwoman and Harley enough time to descend into the bank. The crunch of the crystal like glass under my glass, Alarmed the guards. I ran up to the guard with fired a miss shot towards me and swooped low to the ground kicking his feet from under him, this caused his head to bounce against the ground, telling me he was now unconscious. I turned round to look behind me to see another guard running towards the alarm system, and this alarm was linked straight to the Gotham city police station. I ran quickly and slipped onto the side of my body so I could travel across the floor. I raised my healed book and kicked the man in his lower back; his caused him to collapse to his knees, I grabbed the back of his head and forcefully slammed his forehead into the desk in front of him. I turned round to see Catwoman Harley and Ivy were all staring at me, with rather abnormal yet pleased grins on their faces. “Well Ashleigh I never thought you could be that brutal” I nodded and walked towards them, all we needed to do was get the money and at the silver gold and jewels we wanted and run. Suddenly a capped figure descended through the broken glass roof, it was The Batman.

Harley ran to the vault with Catwoman, “you take care of Batboy.” Ivy looked like an incarnation of pure evil at this point as she began to call her plants; I slipped the sharpened knuckle dusters onto my fist, suddenly a large root burst from the ground lifting me along with it, I could use this to my best advantage, as I climbed higher I ran to the tip of the root and swooped down like a great hawk. I felt the air rush past me as I wrapped my legs round the neck of the Batman and flipped his over while I unwrapped my legs from around his neck. I stood up from my crouched position on the floor and stood fists clenched and ready to fight. “Stop this now.” He shouted, “No!” I laughed.

Both I and Batman ran towards each other, and then we clashed. Batman took the first punch which caught my cheek, I lifted my booted foot and forcefully kicked him in the stomach, and this caused him to tumble back. I again lunged from him fists first, which allowed me to punch the exposed cheek of the Batman. Then he lunched towards me, I slipped underneath him as he lunged at me, I grabbed three small circular shaped balls, and threw them at the Batman. Suddenly both me and The Batman we enveloped in a cloud of smoked. We couldn’t see where the other was, it was my turn to run. Suddenly a slightly green hand grabbed my arm and tugged me out of the smoke, and with than I was lifted through the shattered glass roof of the Gotham bank and on the roof tops of Gotham city by Poison Ivy. In the distance we could see Harley and Catwoman waving at us, both of us ran laughing hysterically.

I looked over my shoulder as I was about to jump off the roof top of the Gotham cathedral to see Batman standing on the edge of the Gotham bank roof looking at me, with a severe expression that told me we would be meeting again very soon. I smiled menacingly at him as I descended through the midnight air. I was hoping we would meet again he was a good brawling opponent, and I couldn’t wait till then.