Prologue

Warm fingers gently brush up and down my spine.

"Mhm," I groan, rolling myself over and pressing a kiss against a hard chest. My hand comes up and I rub the sleep from my eyes. Cameron's grins when I look up at him.

"Morning." His hard chest rumbles. His hand, that was moving up and down, now rests dangerously low on my back. "I had fun last night." He whispers and smirks when he feels me stiffen.

"Yes, dinner last night was amazing. Thank you." I tease him, knowing dinner is not what he's talking about.

"While dinner was good, I actually meant after dinner." He wiggles his eyebrows like the dork he is.

"Oh, what happened after dinner? I forgot." His eyes widen as I bite my lip.

"I guess I'll have to remind you." He whispers huskily, nipping at my bare shoulder.

"I guess so." I grin, hooking my leg over his waist. He rolls onto his back and quickly pulls me down, kissing me slowly.

"Good morning," I whisper, after pushing him away. He grins up at me, twirling some of my hair around his finger, his blue eyes shining. "You look happy."

"I am." He tugs me down so his lips ghost over mine. "So is my-" I press my mouth down to his, effectively shutting him up.

"Inappropriate." I mumble, my lips pulling away from his.

"You're my wife." He laughs, the corner of his eyes crinkling. "Nothing is inappropriate."

"Shut up and wish me a happy anniversary." I tell him, dragging a finger down his chest.

"I like when you're bossy." He smirks, starting to roll me underneath of him.

Suddenly, a door down the hall creaks and I laugh as Cameron groans. He sits up and hands me my nightgown before reaching to the floor and grabbing his plaid pajama pants and white t-shirt.

The exact moment we're both clothed, our bedroom door opens. A few seconds later were being trampled my tiny feet.

"Mommy! Daddy! Time to get up!" Our four-year-old daughter, Mayzie, yells as she jumps at the foot of the bed.

Surging forward, Cameron grabs her legs and drags her between us.

"Good morning Daddy!" She giggles, planting a sloppy kiss on her father's cheek. She is, by far, her Daddy's girl. If it were completely up to Cameron, she'd be spoiled rotten.

"Good morning Princess!" Cameron smiles. "Morning Bud." He glances at six-year-old Theodore, who's trying to crawl next to me.

"Hi, Daddy." He flops his body between mine and his sister's. "Good morning Mommy!"

"Hi, sweetheart." I kiss his cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes. Are we going see Carter today?"

"Yes, we are." I push his dark curls out of his eyes. "And Aunt Meghan and Leah."

"Are we spending the night?" His blue eyes sparkles and Mayzie looks wide-eyed at me.

"Yes," I tap Mayzie on the nose. "All you kids are spending the night."

"Yay!" Mayzie squeals. "I'm gonna go tell Zozo!" She flings out of Cameron's arms and jumps out of the bed.

"Theodore," Cameron nudges Theo. "Go make sure your brother is up. Tell him we're going to Uncle Isaiah's."

"Yes, sir." Theo says seriously, saluting Cameron, then following his sister out of the room.

"Where were we?" Cameron slides his hand up my leg. "Oh, I remember."