Chapter 13.

"Where are we headed?" I asked Howl as he led me downstairs towards the dial.

"Oh wait, sweet heart" Howl answered turning the door knob towards a new color I hadn't seen on it before.

It was green. He pushed open the door and the most beautiful scenery came into the view of my speechless eyes. The dazzling sun rays followed up to the castle door which from that side, looked like a small hut.

"This is a gift (Y/N)" Howl said. I cocked an eyebrow and he continued, "for all the things you have done for us."

His hand still hugging mine, Howl led me into the magical place.

"Howl!" I whispered wordlessly as rows of beautiful flowers came into my view, dancing gently in the sun rays.

"What do you think, (Y/N)?" Howl whispered in my ear.

"It's-it's beautiful, Howl" I whispered, tears forming in my eyes.

Howl was spoiling me! Slowly, he led me into the beautiful garden of flowers.

Although the movement of the castle was done in a hurry, I still hadn't forgot Howl's embrace when he saw me awake or the fact that he stayed up with me the whole time I was fainted. I knew he was tired and yet here he bought my old house and a huge garden so I might live comfortably. The more he did these things, the more I kept falling for him.

We stopped at a small stream. I let go of Howl's grip, playfully jumped over the stream and took swings in the air, laughing and giggling.

"This place is amazing Howl!" I cried happily.

"You can start a flower shop with all these" Howl offered.

At this, I stopped.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him.

"Yes" Howl said uneasily, turning away from my gaze.

I had been surprised by Howl's idea of starting a flower shop.

"Why do you think we need a flower shop?" I asked him, walking towards him.

"I just want you all to be happy" Howl answered firmly.

"Howl" I whispered weakly "you-you are leaving, right?"

Howl didn't answer but turned around, his back towards me.

"See that hut down there!" Howl called pointing towards a hut at the far end of the garden "I use it as my study. As a kid I spent my summer there. Now you can go and do what you want. It's yours."

I might have been attracted by the hut but what Howl had said earlier had made me worried.

"So you actually are leaving" I managed in a thick voice.

Howl gave a low sigh.

At this, I immediately grabbed his hand and hugged him from the back.

"Howl!" I cried "please don't leave us. Please stay with us. I love you. I love you very much and I don't care if I regret it. I don't care if you are heartless or evil, I still love you. Every word you say strikes my heart and my heartbeat fastens when you touch me. Please Howl I don't want all of this. I don't want to call you Master, I don't want this garden or the hut, I only want you!"

As I cried slightly, Howl took my hands in his and turned around to face me. For the first time, I actually felt scared to face him.

"When you first came to the castle, (Y/N)" Howl said "I didn't think much of you. But you changed us. You changed me completely. You brought love to our life and feelings."

At this, Howl looked direct into my misty eyes. I realized he was on the edge of crying too.

"I am heartless so I ignored you. Tried to keep my distance from you but I couldn't. I am sorry but I couldn't stay away from you. I am in love with you, your laugh and your every action like never before. You are the one special to me and I can't live without you. Every time you called me Master made me sad but I didn't want all this. I didn't want to cause you pain because I knew I had to leave. And now I have to-"

"Why can't we just run away!" I demanded, tears rushing down my cheeks.

"(Y/N)!" Howl pressed my head against his chest, his chin resting on my hair.

I could feel his fingers rushing through my hair.

"I have always run away in the face of danger" he said "I have been a coward and may still be. But now, I feel as if there is someone I must protect. And that someone is you, (Y/N). Someone who I have finally found after five years. You are the girl I like. You are a beautiful, funny, cute and an annoying witch."

Howl smirked at this.

"And now I have to take care of you. I have to protect you. The Witch of the Waste and King agents may try attacking you so please be careful. Live happily with the others and if I survive, we will meet again."

Before I could break apart and say something, a thunderous roaring noise disturbed us. I switched my head in time to see a big aircraft coming our way.

"Seems fun" Howl said raising his hand and whispering some words.

Then something happened and the aircraft stopped and came falling down.

"Howl what have you done?" I asked
Howl, terrified.

"Oops" Howl said dramatically "here they come."

Immediately, strange deformed figures came out of the ship. Howl quickly grabbed me and started transforming into those creatures. I was surprised but didn't say a word. At a remarkable speed, Howl flew towards the castle door.

"Take care" were the last words I heard before Howl left me and I came flying right inside the castle.

Votes? Comments?