Chapter 8

I sat up in my crib, Dane had put me down for a nap while he ran out to run some errands. Stupidhead left me alone. I was restless, I couldn't sleep. I pouted and looked at the new babyproof locks on the crib so I couldn't open it.

I could always climb over the top again.

I slowly stood and tossed my blanket and pillows over so they could cushion my fall. I slowly climbed over and plopped down on my ass.

I got up and giggled, I was smarter than Dane! I was only in one of Dane's old t-shirts, it was wayyy too big for me.

I slipped it off and padded over to my closet. I picked out a red and black striped short-sleeved shirt and some long black overalls.

I put on some socks and slid into my old doc martens. I was gonna go play with Pipsqueak! He would never leave me alone!

I went out into the backyard and called for Pip, he tumbled over too me. Sometimes he forgets how big he is.

I giggled and climbed up onto the trampoline, pip jumping up after me. We both bounced on up and down, I squealed with joy.

We jumped for a while, but as I grew bored I decided to toss the frisbee for a bit.

We played for about half an hour, then I got bored again. I padded back into the house with Pip right on my tail.

I smiled wickedly as I eyed a big bag of sour cream and onion lays. I grabbed it and plopped down on the couch, I turned on Ben 10 and munched on the chips. Pipsqueak jumped up on the couch next to me, he usually wasn't allowed up but Dane left us alone.

No daddy here, no rules!

I snuggled with Pip and munched on the chips. I felt my eyelids grow heavy, I slowly fell into a light sleep.

••••••••••••

~Dane's POV~

I walked through the door and listened  for any sounds, I heard the TV. Had I left it on? I hope it didn't wake up my baby boy.

I walked into the kitchen and set the groceries on the counter, Pipsqueak came up to me and tugged on my shirt.

"What do you want?" I raised an eyebrow and he barked softly at me.

I sighed as he led me to the livingroom.

What the hell??

Evan was sprawled out on the couch with a bag of chips, Ben 10 was on, did he somehow escape his crib again?

He was fast asleep, and the little outfit he had put on was so adorable he made it hard to be mad at him. I would have to punish him, but that could wait.

I turned off the TV and grabbed the chips from his little grasp. I put them away then went back to putting all the groceries away.

I stopped when I heard little whimpers, I hurried over to Evan and saw him crying. He was awake.

I picked him up and held him close, "Shhh baby boy, daddy is here."

"D-Daddy...?" He looked up at me with those big blue eyes, they were tearfilled, but still so beautiful.

I smiled and rubbed his back. "Daddy's here, wanna go pick him some pretty flowers from the garden?"

His eyes widened and he grinned. He nodded and I set him down, he bolted off to the back with Pipsqueak right behind him.

I smiled and shook my head, he was too damn cute for his own good.

I looked at the groceries and sighed, I had no idea what to make for dinner. I was a shot cook, and I knew it hadn't been easy on my sweet boy's tummy. He had only been released from the hospital last year. He used to be deathly underweight.

It wasn't because he starved himself, it was because of how abused he was. He was so neglected.

I had been relying on chicken nuggets and raw veggies, but he needed more than that.

I decided on spaghetti and started boiling the water.

"Daddy Daddy!! I gotted pwetty fowers!!" He was jumping up and down excitedly, a bunch of little flowers in his hands.

I smiled and picked him up, "Thank you buddy! Daddy is soooooo proud of you!!" I kissed his cheeks and neck, making him giggle.

Fucking hell I loved that sound.