Chapter 32

Samantha's P.O.V

I walk over to Shawn and take a seat on the weird material stage.

"You okay? You look paler than usual." Hayes asks and I turn to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous." I smile and nod.

"You'll do fine."

"Thanks Hayes."

"No problem, what are friends for." I re- adjust my focus to Jacob who is fixing the height of the microphone. Once he is done doing that he starts to sing All Of Me by John Legend, and it sounds great.

"Ok, guys we now have a special guest singing for us!" Jacob shouted.

"Let's welcome Samantha, who will play piano and sing like nobody's business." I slowly stand up and I turn to Sam and he shoots me a big grin and thumbs up.

"Hi, I'm Samantha like Jacob said. I'll be singing against my will, so I'm just gonna go ahead and get started." I take a seat at the keyboard and pull the microphone toward my face. I press the keys and start to sing.

"I can hold my breathe, I can bite my tongue." I sing and part of me forgets about the five hundred people in front of this stage.

"I'm only human." My hands fell upon the last keys and I looked up and a wave of sickness falls over me. I push out the seat and run to the backstage area. I looked around the room and my eyes fell on the bathroom in the corner. I walked over and walked in, the lights flickering on a moment later. I emptied the little contents in my stomach and I slouched to the side, my back touching the wall, and legs becoming frozen from the cold tile floor.

"You okay?" I look up to see Jack and Sammy.

"Yeah, I guess." I push myself up and stood.

"You did amazing out there Sammy!" I get wrapped up in a bear hug and a laugh.

"Thanks, I think I'm just going to stay back here. I'm tired, really tired."

"Do you want me to take you up to your room?"

"I don't care, either way I'm fine."

"Come on bug, let's go." Sammy wraps his arm around my shoulder and we start to walk toward the elevator.

"Jack wasn't lying you did amazing." He presses the button and I lean onto his chest.

"Thanks, but I won't ever believe you." I step out of the elevator and walk into my room, Sammy following behind.

"I'm gonna get into my sleep clothes."
I get out a pair of spandex and the black magcon hoodie that has been my love for the past days. I quickly change in the bathroom and put my hair into a braid before walking back into the room. I fall back onto my bed and pull my hood up.

"You going to sleep?"

"Yeah, I'm tired."

"I'll be back in a second." He walks out of the room and I roll over and look at Shawn's bed. I wonder when everyone will get back. I just want to sit with him and cuddle. Sam steps into the room with a bottle of water and one for him.

"Here's a drink to wash that nasty taste from your mouth." He hands me the drink and I accept it while sitting up.

"Thanks, when is the event going to be over?"

"Maybe another thirty minutes, but everyone is going to get dinner afterwards."

"You aren't going to go with them?"

"Nah, I'll stay with my favorite girl in the whole wide world."

"Thanks, so guess what Craig Collins told me?"

"What?"

"At first he scared me saying my shoot was with a guy, but then he told me the guy is just like a prop in the background. What really made me excited was when he told me it's going to be 1920's themed."

"Really, isn't that your favorite time period?"

"Yes, next to whenever and whatever time period Harry Potter is in."

"Only you."

"Well that's because I'm one of a kind and original."

"That you are."

"I'm gonna go to sleep now." I take a last sip of my water and lay my head down.

"Night bug."

"Night night Sammy." I close my eyes and all the sound around me goes quiet.

Shawn's P.O.V

"Thanks Chicago." Mahogany shouts into the mic as we all filed out of the area. I look around the backstage area for Sammy, but I don't see her.

"Jack, where is she?"

"Dude, calm down she's upstairs sleeping. Sam's with her don't worry about it."

"Sorry, I just was worried. She ran off the stage and if I ran after her the crowd would've thought something."

"I get it, well we are all going to get something to eat so come on."

"What about Sam and Sam?"

"Sam said he'll watch her and stay back."

"I'll go watch her."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay, go tell Sam well be down here waiting on him."

"Gotcha." I walk over to the elevator and step in followed by an old couple. Once I step out I go over to my door unlocking it.

"Hey, the guys are all going to dinner. I said I'll watch her, you can go eat."

"Thanks, I gave her a vitamin pill so she'll be held over till we're back. Just make sure she drinks that water and make sure she doesn't do anything irrational."

"I got it Sam, don't worry. I will call you if you need anything and I'll text you when she wakes up."

"Just make sure okay? She's my life."

"She's mine now too, so I'll make sure."

"Thanks Shawn."

"Jack said they're all waiting downstairs for you." He nods and walks out the door. I go over to my bag and changed into some shorts and a regular t-shirt before sitting on my bed. I look over at Sammy and she has on her hoodie again and I can't help but chuckle a little.

"What are you laughing at?" I hear a mumbled voice speak up and I turn to Samantha.

"I wasn't laughing, it was the sink." I said joking about what she said when I asked if she was crying.

"Not funny."

"Yes it is." She turned over to face me and gives me a scowl.

"You suck. I'm escaping you, you meanie." She pulls the string off her hoodie tight like she did on the plane that day and I laugh at her even more.

Still can get over the fact she's my girlfriend.