51. The Buried Truth

ROZIE'S POV

The non-stop clinking of bottles, the endless laughter of drunk people around me, and the loud beats of 'Lonely together' played in the background filled my ears. Yoona finally arrived from Seoul and Jennie and I decided it would be best to give her a girls' night out. She was having a blast. It's been too long since we've seen each other and it is indeed true when they say that True friendship isn't being inseparable; it's being separated and still, nothing changes.

My friends have gone dancing somewhere. The smoke that filled the air made it impossible to see them. I was left at our table downing the remains of the bottle in my hand.

"Happy birthday!" I lifted the bottle in the air. I was supposed to have three beers max but I just couldn't refuse Yoona and well, I had one too many.

I got up from my seat and headed towards the restroom. A struggle it was to even get myself through the crowd. The dizziness I felt made it even worse. After forcing myself into the mob of dancing bodies, I managed to get out. The next step was to find where the restroom was. I was in a daze. All I see was a total blur. I squinted my eyes as I focused on looking for the comfort room sign.

I headed to my left occasionally stumbling over as I tried my best to steady my gait. I hope it was indeed the restroom I was making my way through. Taking one step after the other was already so hard to do and the guys who would suddenly block my way as they offer to buy me a drink made it even more difficult. I pushed them away while saying, "I just need to pee." out loud.

I finally reached the restroom. I almost fell not noticing the steps a meter away from the door. Good thing I was able to hold on to a stranger nearby.

I pushed the door open and the strong stench of pee paired with the fruity scent of perfume welcomed me. There was a long line of ladies waiting for their turn. I lazily went to the end and closed my eyes as I waited. One of the cubicle doors suddenly swung open to a couple who hurriedly made themselves out the door. One of the ladies falling in line shouted, "Why not just get a room, you idiots?!" I smiled to myself.

Booze can really do a lot of things to people. Some would have it after a hard day's work. Some would grab one just to get themselves to sleep. Celebrations would not be complete for others without them. While some would intoxicate themselves just to forget their problems even just for a moment.

It's the last one for me.

"Oh aren't you.." I can still recall how ridiculously sexy she said it. I just wanted her to eat that towel wrapped around her head.

I quickly shook the thought away because when I remember her, he instantly gets into the picture.

Boom!

Just as I thought.

His face was all over my mind again.

This was definitely the worse of his birthdays. We were apart and he was with another woman.

After what took like forever to get myself to pee, I got myself out of the door. An even bigger crowd appeared before my eyes. I groaned in frustration. My drunken state has not improved one bit.

I wanna get out of here. I whispered to myself.

I reached for my phone in my pocket as I made my way into the horde. Unlocking my phone as I drew the pattern I did with immense difficulty. People pushing me out of their way didn't help at all. I searched for my girls but everything was just too clouded.

As I tried to do the pattern for the nth time, two girls on my left were so hyped in their dancing, they toppled onto me causing me to drop my phone to the floor.