59. Hello Stranger

ROZIE'S POV

"Everything you said sounds wonderful..." I can never get tired of looking at that smile on his face.

"I wish it's good enough to make me forget. But it's not." The smile instantly faded. "Marriage is not the key to all this. We had to first trust each other before we even tie the knot. And I'd be a hypocrite if I say I trust you now."

I can tell he's trying hard to process everything I just said. But I have to end this once and for all.

"Let's call this off Zach."

"But I thought you came back so we could work things out." He looked very confused.

"Actually. I came back to get my things." Saying that just crushed my heart.

He shook his head. "You didn't believe a word I said. But...But you said you love me. Why are you breaking us up?"

"I'm not the one who broke us up. You know that." I went straight to the bedroom and grabbed my duffel bag from the closet. I had to do this as fast as I can or I won't get it done at all. I took all my clothes from the shelves and stack them into the bag.

"You can't do this to me. No. No." Zach suddenly grabbed a handful and threw it across the room. He took the entire bag and emptied it. "NO! You're not leaving!"

I should've anticipated this would happen. It would take forever before I even pick up my clothes on the floor. "Zach, please. I don't wanna fight."

He pointed his finger at me. "Nobody's leaving. You promise you'll never leave me. Keep your word."

"Zach." Feeling hopeless.

He came closer and held my hands to his chest. "Don't do this Rozie. Don't do this to me. Don't make decisions when you're mad."

I took my hands out from his grasp and started filling the bag again. But he embraced me from the back and held me tightly.

"Come on Rozie. Let me fix this. I'll do everything to make you trust me again. Give me one more shot. I beg you." Desperation filled his voice. "I love you. I love you. Please. Please. Don't give up on us just yet." He said to my ear.

I held his hands and took them off my waist. I am so close to giving in and I cannot change my mind.

"I'll go crazy if you leave me. I'd kill myself." When I turned around his hair was ruffled up and misery was printed all over his face. I hate seeing him like this. I just want to hold him close and never let go.

"I'll always be there for you no matter what. You will always have me." I struggled not to touch him.

"So why leave?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I can't stay here anymore."

"Then we'll go get ourselves a new place if that's what you want."

"I need to be alone. I need to be away from you for now."

"Then how long is it gonna be?" He began pacing back and forth. "Okay. I can deal with that. I'd just come and visit you often until you're okay with living together again."

"Zach." He's never gonna take this the easy way.

"What do you want me to do Rozie?" He held out his hands in surrender. "I can't take this. Don't make this hard for the both of us."

"I need you to let me go," I whispered. I didn't have the guts to say it out loud. It would pierce his heart.

But I was wrong. His sudden aggression caught me off-guard. "And what? So you could find someone new? Is there someone else? Why are you such in a hurry to break this up?!" Anger started filling his eyes.