66. The unexpected visitor

ROZIE'S POV

She was holding him by the nape while her lips smothered him like there's no tomorrow. He on the other hand had her hand on one of her breasts while he willingly let her own his lips.

I could clearly recall the feeling I had while witnessing the entire act before my very eyes. It was like choking in my own breath. I wanted to attack her and smash her face onto the floor but the best thing I managed to do was to well my eyes with tears.

If only I got stuck in traffic and came home an hour later. If only the elevator stopped by floor after floor, it would have given them ample time to finish.

If only I could've unseen it. If I could just delete that fucking memory, everything would still be steady between us. My days would begin and end with him by my side.

Moving on from Zach is hard as hell. He's a hard habit to break and to think we were just one step from getting hitched makes things even worse. It all went down the drain because that bitch can't keep her hands to herself.

That kiss destroyed us.

All we had. All we've been through.

It took just one fucking kiss.

(Recall of the kiss Suga gave her)

"What the hell? Wrong memory stupid brain!" I shook my head to clear the memory off but it just won't budge.

"Argh! I need a drink!"

___________________________________________

I went to the convenience store a block away from my house that's been there for ages.

"Why.. isn't it a surprise? Haven't seen you in a while kid." says the old lady by the counter. We used to see each other on Sundays but after my dad's passing, Family Sunday has gone along with him too.

I just smiled. I'm not in the mood for catching up right now. I walked straight to where the fridge section was. What I need is a bottle of beer to give me a good night's sleep.

Involuntarily, the kiss from this morning decided to pop up in my head again. I cringed. Since when did I give you permission to retrieve deleted files dear brain??!

"Or maybe a pack." I exhaled heavily. I'm not much of a drinker but I badly need to forget. Even just for a short period of time. "A pack it is."

"Woah. Didn't know you were drinking."

What's the big deal? I'm 25 years old lady! I struggled not to roll my eyes.

"You don't look so well. Going through a rough patch?"

Why so many questions?? But I responded out of dear courtesy. "Yeah. You could say that." She has no idea.

She took a moment to examine me as she reached for the plastic bag; as if she could figure everything out through my facial expression.

I don't wanna be rude but I just wanna go home and get this off my chest.

"No need to put it in the bag. I'll just carry it by hand. Here. Keep the change."

I didn't give her a chance to utter another word. I hurriedly left leaving her anxiously looking at me with the bill in her hand.

___________________________________________

At home...

"Let's see if you could still laugh after this."