68. The Choice

"Come to Seoul with me." He said without giving it much thought.

"What??!" My mind is definitely not ready for anything out of the ordinary. I swear I'm never drinking again.

"You mentioned you want a clean slate. Start afresh you said. Then come to Seoul with me." He said in between chews. I don't know why but his deep voice gave me goosebumps all over.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "You're crazy."

"Crazy about you yes." He licked his lower lip coolly. I should have missed that. I shouldn't have looked. Why does he have to do that??

"Hey. Now's not a good time for pranks okay?" I pointed my fork at him as a warning. Another dose of that licking this fork is going through that tongue of yours!

"I'm not kidding. You know I read somewhere that it takes at least three months to move on." He said matter-of-factly. "So, why not spend the time in a totally different place." He put a spoonful of eggs into his mouth and started counting off using his fingers.

"New people. New atmosphere. The best food in the world. A whole new lot of experience. That would surely take your mind off of him... And maybe a new love we can't really say." He murmured to himself, intentionally clear enough to make me catch it. He devilishly smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

What the heck is he saying?? I've never heard of the three-month theory before! And me? Flying to Seoul? Seriously? Who is he fooling?

He took a gulp of orange juice while taking a look at me from the corner of his eye. It left an orange mustache on his upper lip.

"Got tissues?" He asked. He was smiling at me from the time I got up until I handed him a pack of Kleenex. I cringed at his beaming.

Don't fall for it Rozie. This is his way of getting back at you with the bluff you pulled off yesterday.

"So?" He asked the moment I sat on my seat.

"So what?" I can't really tell if he's lying. The nose always knows but it's hungover at the moment. Damn it. My head throbbed.

"Your answer?" He questioned again.

"You didn't ask a question." I sniped at him.

I can see the reaction I elicited from him but I pretended to not notice. "Argh. Is the game still on? I'm not playing anymore!" He's starting to lose his patience. When the world had patience up for grabs, he was the last one on the line.

"Why so defensive?" I provoked him even more. I'm not the person you'd want to talk to at the moment.

He straightened up in his seat and paused for a moment. He was looking at his plate probably contemplating the best way to put me back in my spot. I stopped myself from breaking out a smile from my lips. Moments like this remind me of the past. When we used to argue on the phone about the simplest things and he'd end up trying hard to compose himself before we have an actual fight. I shook off the nostalgia before it gets the better of me.

He suddenly approached me, his hands firmly resting on the corner of the table where I was seated. "Look." He took a deep breath. "Why do you think I came back?"

He was just a few inches away from him. I can smell his aftershave. "Don't you think I should be asking that question?" I smiled playfully as I rested my chin on my right palm. But I instantly retreated when his eyes began to drift to my lips. I cleared my throat and began plucking the spam on the sides of my plate. Why can't those eyes stay in one place?!